Co-Insurance is the percentage of Eligible Expenses, after the deductible, which is the responsibility of the insured.
Co-Insurance is the percentage of Eligible Expenses, after the deductible, which is the responsibility of the insured.
There is no Co-Insurance with this plan.
1) “Accident” means a sudden, unexpected, unusual, specific event which occurs at an identifiable time and place, but shall also include exposure resulting from a mishap to a conveyance in which You are traveling.
2) “Accidental Injury” means Bodily Injury caused by an Accident (of external origin) being the direct and independent cause in the Loss.
3) “Actual Cash Value” means purchase price less depreciation.
4) “Assistance Company” means the service provider with which the Company has contracted to coordinate and deliver emergency travel assistance, medical evacuation, and repatriation.
5) “Baggage” means luggage and personal possessions, whether owned, borrowed, or rented, taken by You on the Trip.
6) “Bankruptcy” means the filing of a petition for voluntary or involuntary Bankruptcy in a court of competent jurisdiction under Chapter 7 or Chapter 11 of the United States Bankruptcy Code 11 U.S.C. Subsection 101 et seq.
7) “Bodily Injury” means identifiable physical Injury which: (a) is caused by an Accident, and (b) solely and independently of any other cause, except illness resulting from, or medical or surgical treatment rendered necessary by such Injury, is the direct cause of death or dismemberment of You within twelve months from the date of the Accident.
8) “Business Partner" means an individual who: (a) is involved in a legal partnership; and (b) is actively involved in the day to day management of the business.
9) “Checked Baggage” means a piece of Baggage for which a claim check has been issued to You by a Common Carrier.
10) “City” means an incorporated municipality having defined borders and does not include the high seas, uninhabited areas, or airspace.
11) “Common Carrier” means any regularly scheduled land, sea, and/or air conveyance operating under a valid license for the transportation of passengers for hire.
12) “Company” means Arch Insurance Company.
13) “Complication of Pregnancy” means a condition whose diagnosis is distinct from pregnancy but is adversely affected or caused by pregnancy.
14) “Covered Expenses” shall mean expenses incurred by You which are for medically necessary services, supplies, care, or treatment; due to illness or Injury; prescribed, performed or ordered by a Physician; reasonable and customary charges; incurred while insured under this policy; and which do not exceed the maximum limits shown in the accompanying Confirmation of Benefits, under each stated benefit.
15) “Cruise” means any prepaid sea arrangements.
16) “Default” means a material failure or inability to provide contracted services due to financial insolvency.
17) “Dependent Child(ren)” means Your children, including an unmarried child, stepchild, legally adopted child or foster child who is: (1) less than age 19 and primarily dependent on You for support and maintenance; or (2) who is at least age 19 but less than age 23 and who regularly attends an accredited school or college; and who is primarily dependent on You for support and maintenance.
18) “Domestic Partner” means a person, at least 18 years of age, with whom You have been living in a spousal relationship with evidence of cohabitation for at least 10 continuous months prior to the Effective Date of coverage.
19) “Economy Fare” means the lowest published rate for a one-way ticket.
20) “Effective Date” means the date and time Your coverage begins, as outlined in the General Provisions section of the policy.
21) “Exotic Vehicles” includes Alfa Romeo, Aston Martin, Auburn, Avanti, Bentley, Bertone, BMC/Leyland, Bradley, Bricklin, Corvette, Cosworth, Clenet, De Lorean, Excalibre, Ferrari, Fiat, Hummer, Iso, Jaguar, Jensen, Jensen Healy, Lamborghini, Lancia, Lotus, Maserati, MG, Morgan, Pantera, Panther, Pininfarina, Porsche, Rolls Royce, Rover, Stutz, Sterling, Triumph, TVR. Antique cars meaning cars that are over 20 years old or have not been manufactured for 10 or more years, any vehicle with an original manufacturer‟s suggested retail price greater than $25,000 and Yugo.
22) “Family Member" means Your or Your Traveling Companion’s legal or common law spouse, Domestic Partner, parent, legal guardian, step-parent, grandparent, parents-in-law, grandchild, natural or adopted child, foster child, ward, step-child, children-in-law, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister, brother-in-law, sister-in-law, aunt, uncle, niece or nephew.
23) “Hazard” means:
a) Any delay of a Common Carrier (including Inclement Weather).
b) Any delay by a traffic accident en route to a departure, in which You or Your Traveling Companion is directly or not directly involved.
c) Any delay due to lost or stolen passports, travel documents or money, quarantine, hijacking, unannounced Strike, Natural Disaster.
24) “Hospital” means a facility that:
a) Holds a valid license if it is required by the law;
b) Operates primarily for the care and treatment of sick or injured persons as in-patients;
c) Has a staff of one or more Physicians available at all times;
d) Provides 24 hour nursing service and has at least one registered professional nurse on duty or call;
e) Has organized diagnostic and surgical facilities, either on the premises or in facilities available to the hospital on a pre-arranged basis; and
f) Is not, except incidentally, a clinic, nursing home, rest home, or convalescent home for the aged, or similar institution.
25) “Inclement Weather” means any severe weather condition which delays the scheduled arrival or departure of a Common Carrier.
26) “Injury” means Bodily Injury caused by an Accident occurring while this policy is in force, and resulting directly and independently of all other causes of Loss covered by the policy. The Injury must be verified by a Physician and require emergency care.
27) “Insured” means a person while covered under the policy and for whom the required premium is paid. Insured also means “You or Your”.
28) "Land/Sea Arrangements” means land and or sea arrangements made by the Travel Supplier.
29) “Loss” means Injury or damage sustained by You as a result of one or more of the occurrences against which the Company has undertaken to indemnify You.
30) “Maximum Benefit” means the largest total amount of Covered Expenses that the Company will pay for You.
31) “Medically Necessary” means that a treatment, service, or supply is: (1) is essential for diagnosis, treatment or care of the Injury or Sickness for which it is prescribed or performed; (2) meets generally accepted standards of medical practice; and (3) is ordered by a Physician and performed under his or her care, supervision or order.
32) “Natural Disaster” means flood, fire, hurricane, tornado, earthquake, volcanic eruption, blizzard or avalanche that is due to natural causes.
33) “Physician” means a licensed practitioner of medical, surgical or dental services acting within the scope of his/her license and shall include Christian Science Practitioners. The treating Physician may not be You, a Traveling Companion or a Family Member.
34) “Pre-Existing Condition” means any Injury, Sickness or condition of You, a Traveling Companion or Your and/or Your Traveling Companion‟s Family Member for which medical advice, diagnosis, care or treatment was recommended or received within the 180 day period ending on the Effective Date. Sicknesses or conditions are not considered pre-existing if the Sickness or condition for which prescribed drugs or medicine is taken remains controlled without any change in the required prescription.
35) “Scheduled Departure Date” means the date on which You are originally scheduled to leave on the Trip.
36) “Scheduled Return Date” means the date on which You are originally scheduled to return to the point of origin or to a different final destination.
37) “Sickness” means an illness or disease which is diagnosed or treated by a Physician after the Effective Date of insurance and while You are covered under the policy.
38) “Ski Equipment” means skis, ski poles, ski bindings, ski
boots, snowboards, snowboard bindings, snowboard boots, snowblades and any other recognized snow sports equipment.
39) “Strike” means any unannounced labor disagreement that interferes with the normal departure and arrival of a Common Carrier.
40) “Terrorist Attack” means an incident deemed an act of terrorism by the U.S. Government.
41) “Traveling Companion” means a person who is sharing travel arrangements with You. Note, a group or tour leader is not considered a Traveling Companion unless You are sharing room accommodations with the group or tour leader.
42) “Travel Supplier” means tour operator, cruise line, hotel etc. who has made the land and/or sea arrangements.
43) “Trip” means prepaid Land/Sea Arrangements and shall include flight connections to join or depart such Land/Sea Arrangements provided such flights are scheduled to commence within one week of the Land/Sea Arrangements.
44) “Unforeseen” means not anticipated or expected and occurring after the Effective Date of the policy.
45) “Used” means to avail oneself of, to employ, to expend or consume, or to convert to one‟s service.
The following exclusions apply: This policy does not cover Loss caused by or resulting from:
1) Pre-Existing Conditions, as defined in the Definitions section (except Emergency Evacuation and Repatriation of Remains), unless the policy is purchased within 14 days of the initial Trip deposit. The booking for the Trip must be the first and only booking for this travel period and destination, You are not disabled from travel at the time You pay the premium, and You must purchase this policy for the full non-refundable cost of Your Trip;
2) Suicide, attempted suicide or any intentionally self-inflicted Injury while sane or insane (in Missouri, sane only) committed by You, Traveling Companion, or Family Member whether insured or not;
3) War, invasion, acts of foreign enemies, hostilities between nations (whether declared or not), civil war (does not apply to Cancel for Work Reasons coverage);
4) Participation in any military maneuver or training exercise (does not apply to Cancel for Work Reasons coverage);
5) Piloting or learning to pilot or acting as a member of the crew of any aircraft;
6) Mental or emotional disorders, unless hospitalized;
7) Participation as a professional in athletics;
8) Being under the influence of drugs or intoxicants, unless prescribed by a Physician;
9) Commission or the attempt to commit a criminal act by You, Traveling Companion or Family Member whether insured or not;
10) Participating in bodily contact sports; skydiving; hang gliding; parachuting; any race, bungee cord jumping; speed contest; spelunking or caving; (Does not apply while on Your Trip if You purchase Sports Coverage);
11) Participating in extreme skiing or mountaineering (mountaineering below 15,000 feet is covered while on Your Trip if You purchase Sports Coverage);
12) Dental treatment except as a result of Accidental Injury to sound natural teeth;
13) Pregnancy and childbirth (except for Complications of Pregnancy);
14) Traveling for the purpose of securing medical treatment.
The following limitation applies to Trip Cancellation: All cancellations must be reported directly to the Travel Supplier within 72 hours of the event causing the need to cancel, unless the event prevents it, and then as soon as is reasonably possible. If the cancellation is not reported within the specified 72-hour period, the Company will not pay for additional charges which would not have been incurred had You notified the Travel Supplier in the specified period. If the event prevents You from reporting the cancellation, the 72-hour notice requirement does not apply; however You must, if requested, provide proof that said event prevented You from reporting the cancellation within the specified period.
The following exclusions apply to Baggage/Personal Effects and Baggage Delay:
The Company will not provide benefits for any Loss or damage to:
1) Animals; automobiles and automobile equipment;
2) Boats or other vehicles or conveyances; trailers; motors;
3) Motorcycles; bicycles (except when checked as Baggage with a Common Carrier); eye glasses, sunglasses or contact lenses; artificial teeth and dental bridges;
4) Hearing aids; prosthetic limbs; keys, money, stamps, securities and documents; tickets.
Any Loss caused by or resulting from the following is excluded:
Wear and tear or gradual deterioration; insects or vermin; inherent vice or damage while the article is actually being worked upon or processed; confiscation or expropriation by order of any government; radioactive contamination; war or
any act of war whether declared or not; property shipped as freight or shipped prior to the
Scheduled Departure Date.
The following exclusions apply to Renters Collision Insurance:
1) Any obligation You assume under any agreement (except insurance collision deductible);
2) Rentals of trucks, campers, trailers, off-road vehicles, motor bikes, motorcycles, recreational vehicles, or Exotic Vehicles;
3) Any Loss which occurs if You are in violation of the rental agreement;
4) Failure to report the Loss to the proper local authorities and the rental company;
5) Damage to any other vehicle, structure or person as a result of a covered Loss.
The following duties in the event of Loss apply to Renters Collision Insurance:
1) You must take all reasonable, necessary steps to protect the vehicle and prevent further damage to it;
2) You must report the Loss to the appropriate local authorities and the rental company as soon as possible;
3) You must obtain all information on any other party involved in an Accident, such as name, address, insurance information and driver‟s license number;
4) You must provide the Company all documentation such as rental agreement, police report and damage estimate.