$150,000 per person
Emergency Medical can reimburse the costs to treat a medical emergency during a trip.
MEDICAL AND DENTAL COVERAGE
We will pay this benefit, up to the amount on the Schedule, for the following covered expenses incurred by you, subject to the following:
1. Covered expenses will only be payable at the Usual and Customary level of payment; and
2. Benefits will be payable only for covered expenses resulting from a Sickness that first manifests itself or an Injury that occurs while on a Trip; and
3. Benefits payable as a result of incurred covered expenses will only be paid after benefits have been paid under any Other Valid and Collectible Health Insurance in effect for you. This coverage is in excess to any other health insurance you have available to you at the time of the loss. You must submit your claim to that provider first. Any benefits you receive from your primary or supplementary insurance providers will be deducted from your claim with us.
1. Expenses for the following Physician-ordered medical services: services of legally qualified Physicians and graduate nurses, charges for Hospital confinement and services, local ambulance services, prescription drugs and medicines, and therapeutic services, incurred by you within one year from the date of your Sickness or Injury during a Trip; and
2. Expenses for emergency dental treatment incurred by you during a Trip up to the amount in the Schedule.
Your duties in the event of a Medical or Dental Expense:
1. You must provide us with all bills and reports for medical and/or dental expenses claimed.
2. You must provide any requested information related to the claimed expense(s), including but not limited to, an explanation of benefits from any other applicable insurance.
3. You must sign a patient authorization to release any information required by us, to investigate your claim.
Please refer to the Definitions, for an explanation of Pre- Existing Conditions, which are excluded under the Medical or Dental Expense Benefits.
Coordination of Benefits
If you reside in CT, ID, IL, and excess coverage for Medical and Dental Expense Benefits is not permitted, then coordination of benefit provisions in accordance with the laws and regulations in your state will apply in lieu of the excess coverage provisions.