Rental Car Damage provides reimbursement for damage to, or theft of, a rental vehicle during a covered trip.
RENTAL CAR COVERAGE
This coverage is not available to Texas residents.
If you purchased this optional coverage and you rent a car while on your Trip and the car is damaged while in your possession due to collision, theft, vandalism, windstorm, fire, hail, flood or any cause not in your control, or the car is stolen while in your possession and not recovered, we will pay, up to the amount in the Schedule, the lesser of:
a) the cost of repairs and rental charges imposed by the rental company while the car is being repaired; or
b) the Actual Cash Value of the car.
Coverage is provided to you and your Traveling Companion, provided you and your Traveling Companion are a licensed driver, and are listed on the rental agreement. This coverage is primary to other forms of insurance or indemnity.
Coverage is not provided for loss to or loss due to:
1. any obligation of you or a Traveling Companion or a Family Member traveling with you assumed under any agreement (except insurance collision deductible).
2. rentals of trucks, campers, trailers, motor bikes, motorcycles, off-road, all-terrain, or recreational vehicles.
3. vehicles that are older than 20 years.
4. vehicles that have not been manufactured in the past 10 years.
5. vehicles that are rented for commercial or livery purposes, including but not limited to limousines.
6. vehicles that have a manufacturer’s suggested retail price of more than $75,000.
7. any loss that occurs if you or a Traveling Companion act with the intent to commit a crime or act in violation of the rental agreement.
8. failure to report the loss to the proper local authorities and the rental car company.
9. damage to any other vehicle, structure or person as a result of a covered loss.
Your Duties in the Event of a Loss:
1. take all reasonable, necessary steps to protect the vehicle and prevent further damage to it;
2. report the loss to the appropriate local authorities and the rental company as soon as possible;
3. obtain all information on any other party involved in an accident, such as name, address, insurance information and driver’s license number;
4. provide us with all documentation such as rental agreement, police report and damage estimate.