The Sports & Activities benefit is designed to cover travelers who are participating in sports and adventurous activities, some of which may otherwise be excluded. Travelers can indicate the activities they will be participating in by selecting the Sports & Activities filter.
If you have selected sports and/or activities filters, the provider has confirmed that these activities are not excluded from coverage for this policy. Please keep in mind that you may not specifically see your selections listed as covered in the policy certificate. We have confirmed with the provider that these activities are not excluded, however, we cannot guarantee adequate coverage for your particular trip. Please call us to review your policy certificate for coverage limitations and exclusions that may apply to your trip and activities.
Benefits are not payable for any loss due to, arising or resulting from:
4. riding or driving in races, or speed or endurance competitions or events;
5. mountaineering (engaging in the sport of scaling mountains generally requiring the use of picks, ropes, or other special equipment);
6. participating as a member of a team in an organized sporting competition or participating as a professional in a stunt, athletic or sporting event or competition;
7. participating in skydiving or parachuting, parasailing, hang gliding, bungee cord jumping, extreme skiing, skiing outside marked trails or heliskiing mountaineering, any race, speed contests not including any of the regatta races, spelunking or caving, hot air ballooning, or scuba diving if the depth exceeds 120 feet (40 meters) or if You are not certified to dive and a dive master is not present during the dive;
8. piloting or learning to pilot or acting as a member of the crew of any aircraft;