Concierge Services Coverage
Many companies offer additional services that differentiate them against their competitors. We have listed some of these services on the providers page under the “why buy” heading.
Concierge Services are provided by Travel Insured’s designated provider. There is no charge for the services provided by the provider. You are responsible for the cost of services provided and charged for by third parties and for the actual cost of merchandise, entertainment, sports, tickets, food and beverages and other disbursement items. Services offered include:
• Destination Profiles
• Epicurean Needs
• Event Ticketing
• Floral Services
• Tee Time Reservations
• Hotel Accommodations
• Meet-And-Greet Services
• Shopping Assistance Services
• Pre-Trip Assistance
• Procurement of Hard-To-Find Items
• Restaurant Referrals and Reservations
• Rental Car Reservations
• Airline Reservations
BUSINESS CONCIERGE SERVICES
Concierge Services are provided by Travel Insured’s designated provider. There is no charge for the services provided by the provider. You are responsible for the cost of services provided and charged for by third parties. Services offered include:
• Emergency Correspondence And Business Communication Assistance
• Assistance With Locating Available Business Services Such As: Express/Overnight Delivery Sites, Internet Cafes, Print/Copy Services
• Assistance With Or Arrangements For Telephone And Web Conferencing
• Emergency Messaging To Customers, Associates, And Others (Phone, Fax, E-mail, Text, etc.)
• Real Time Weather, Travel Delay And Flight Status Information
• Worldwide Business Directory Service For Equipment Repair/Replacement, Warranty Service, etc.
• Emergency Travel Arrangements
“Accident” means a sudden, unexpected unusual specific event that occurs at an identifiable time and place, and shall also include exposure resulting from a mishap to a conveyance in which You are traveling.
“Actual Cash Value” means current replacement cost for items of like kind and quality.
“Additional Transportation Cost” means the actual cost incurred for one-way Economy Transportation by Common Carrier reduced by the value of an unused travel ticket.
“Air Carrier” means any air conveyance operating under a valid license for the transportation of passengers for hire.
“Baggage and Personal Effects” means luggage, personal possessions and travel documents taken by You on Your Trip.
“Bankruptcy or Default” means the total cessation of operations due to insolvency, with or without the filing of a bankruptcy petition by an airline, cruise line, tour operator or other travel provider provided the Bankruptcy or Default occurs more than 14 days following Your Effective Date for the Trip Cancellation Benefits. There is no coverage for the Bankruptcy or Default of any person, organization, agency or firm from whom You purchased Travel Arrangements supplied by others.
“Business Partner” means an individual who a) is involved in a legal general partnership with You and b) is actively involved in the day to day management of Your business.
“Common Carrier” means any land, sea, or air conveyance operating under a valid license for the transportation of passengers for hire, not including taxicabs or rented, leased or privately owned motor vehicles.
“Complications of Pregnancy” means conditions (when the pregnancy is not terminated) whose diagnoses are distinct from pregnancy but are adversely affected by pregnancy or are caused by pregnancy. These conditions include acute nephritis, nephrosis, cardiac decompensation, missed abortion and similar medical and surgical conditions of comparable severity. Complications of Pregnancy also include nonelective cesarean section, ectopic pregnancy which is terminated and spontaneous termination of pregnancy, which occurs during a period of gestation in which a viable birth is not possible. Complications of Pregnancy does not include false labor, occasional spotting, Physician-prescribed rest during the period of pregnancy, morning sickness, hyperemesis gravidarum, preeclampsia and similar conditions associated with the management of a difficult pregnancy not constituting a nosologically distinct complication of pregnancy.
“Confirmation of Benefits” means a written confirmation specifying the coverages and amounts purchased and which is delivered following purchase.
“Covered Accident” means an Accident that occurs while coverage is in force and results in a loss for which benefits are payable
“Domestic Partner" means an opposite or same sex partner who, for at least 10 consecutive months, has resided with You and shared financial assets/obligations with You . Both You and the Domestic Partner must: (1) intend to be life partners; (2) be at least the age of consent in the state in which You both reside; and (3) be mentally competent to contract. Neither You nor the Domestic Partner can be related by blood to a degree of closeness that would prohibit a legal marriage, be married to anyone else, or have any other Domestic Partner. The Company may require proof of the Domestic Partner relationship in the form of a signed and completed affidavit of domestic partnership.
“Economy Transportation” means the lowest published available transportation rate for a ticket on a Common Carrier matching the original class of transportation that You purchased for Your Trip.
“Elective Treatment and Procedures” means any medical treatment or surgical procedure that is not medically necessary, including any service, treatment, or supplies that are deemed by the federal, or a state or local government authority, or by Us to be research or experimental or that is not recognized as a generally accepted medical practice.
“Family Member” means any of the following: Your or Your Traveling Companion’s legal spouse (or common-law spouse where legal), legal guardian or ward, son or daughter (adopted, foster, step or in-law), brother or sister (includes step or in-law), parent (includes step or in-law), grandparent (includes in-law), grandchild, aunt, uncle, niece or nephew or Domestic Partner.
“Home” means Your primary place of residence.
“Hospital” means a) a place which is licensed or recognized as a general hospital by the proper authority of the state in which it is located: b) a place operated for the care and treatment of resident inpatients with a registered graduate nurse (RN) always on duty and with a laboratory and X-ray facility: c) a place recognized as a general hospital by the Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Hospitals; d) other than a residence, a place where treatment in a Hyperbaric chamber can be received. Not included is a hospital or institution licensed or used principally: (1) for the treatment or care of drug addicts or alcoholics: or (2) as a clinic continued or extended care facility, skilled nursing facility, convalescent home, rest home, nursing home or home for the aged.
“Inclement Weather” means any weather condition that delays the scheduled arrival or departure of a Common Carrier.
“Injury” or “Injuries” means bodily harm caused by an Accident which: 1) occurs while Your coverage is in effect under the Policy; and 2) requires examination and treatment by a Legally Qualified Physician. The Injury must be the direct cause of loss and must be independent of all other causes and must not be caused by, or result from, Sickness.
“Insured” means a person(s) who is booked to travel on a Trip, and for whom the required premium is paid, also referred to as You and Your.
“Intoxicated” mean a blood alcohol level that equals or exceeds the legal limit for operating a motor vehicle in the state or jurisdiction where You are located at the time of an incident.
“Legally Qualified Physician” means a physician: a) other than You , a Traveling Companion or a Family Member; b) practicing within the scope of his or her license; and c) recognized as a physician in the place where the services are rendered.
“Maximum Benefit Amount” means the maximum amount payable for coverage provided to You as shown in the Confirmation of Benefits.
“Medically Necessary” means a service which is appropriate and consistent with the treatment of the condition in accordance with accepted standards of community practice.
“Medical Treatment” means examination and treatment by a Legally Qualified Physician for a condition which first manifested itself, worsened or became acute or had symptoms which would have prompted reasonable person to seek diagnosis, care or treatment.
“Natural Disaster” means a flood, hurricane, tornado, earthquake, mudslide, tsunami, avalanche, landslide, volcanic eruption, fire, wildfire or blizzard that is due to natural causes.
“Pre-Existing Condition” means an illness, disease, or other condition during the 60 day period immediately prior to the date Your coverage is effective for which You or Your Traveling Companion, Business Partner or a Family Member : 1) received or received a recommendation for a test, examination, or medical treatment for a condition which first manifested itself, worsened or became acute or had symptoms which would have prompted a reasonable person to seek diagnosis, care or treatment; or 2) took or received a prescription for drugs or medicine. Item (2) of this definition does not apply to a condition which is treated or controlled solely through the taking of prescription drugs or medicine and remains treated or controlled without any adjustment or change in the required prescription throughout the 60 day period before coverage is effective under this Policy.
“Published Penalties” means any published cancellation penalties levied by Your travel agency or travel supplier that apply to all clients of the travel agency or travel supplier and can be documented at time of Your purchase of Travel Arrangements from Your travel agency.
“Scheduled Departure Date” means the date on which You are originally scheduled to leave on Your Trip.
“Scheduled Return Date” means the date on which You are originally scheduled to return to the point of origin or the original final destination of Your Trip.
“Sickness” means an illness or disease of the body which: 1)requires examination and treatment by a Legally Qualified Physician, and 2) commences while Your coverage is in effect.
“Strike” means any organized and legally sanctioned labor disagreement resulting in a stoppage of work: a) as a result of a combined effort of workers which was unannounced and unpublished at the time travel services were purchased; and b) which interferes with the normal departure and arrival of a Common Carrier.
“Terrorist Incident” means an act of violence, that is deemed terrorism by the United States Government other than civil disorder or riot (that is not an act of war, declared or undeclared) that results in loss of life or major damage to property, by any person acting alone or in association with other persons on behalf of or in connection with any organization which is generally recognized as having the intent to overthrow or influence the control of any other government.
“Third Party” means a person or entity other than You or the Company.
“Transportation Expense” means the cost of Medically Necessary conveyance, personnel, services or supplies.
“Travel Arrangements” means: a) transportation; b) accommodations; and c) other specified services arranged by the Travel Supplier for Your Trip. Air arrangements covered by this definition also include any direct round trip air flights booked by others, to and from Your Scheduled Trip Departure and return cities, provided the dates of travel for the air flights are within 7 total days of Your scheduled Trip dates.
“Traveling Companion” means a person or persons whose names appear with Yours on the same Travel Arrangements and who, during Your Trip, will accompany You.
“Travel Supplier” means any entity or organization that coordinates or supplies travel services for You.
“Trip” means a scheduled trip for which coverage for Travel Arrangements is requested and the premium is paid prior to Your actual or Scheduled Departure Date of Your Trip.
“Us”, “We”, “Our” means United States Fire Insurance Company.
“Usual and Customary Charges” means those comparable charges for similar treatment, services and supplies in the geographic area where treatment is performed.
Benefits are not payable for any loss due to, arising or resulting from:
1. suicide, attempted suicide or any intentionally self-inflicted injury of You , a Traveling Companion, Family Member or Business Partner booked to travel with You , while sane or insane;
2. an act of declared or undeclared war;
3. participating in maneuvers or training exercises of an armed service, except while participating in weekend or summer training for the reserve forces of the United States, including the National Guard;
4. riding or driving in races, or speed or endurance competitions or events;
5. mountaineering (engaging in the sport of scaling mountains generally requiring the use of picks, ropes, or other special equipment);
6. participating as a member of a team in an organized sporting competition or participating as a professional in a stunt, athletic or sporting event or competition;
7. participating in bodily contact sports, skydiving or parachuting except parasailing, hang gliding, bungee cord jumping, extreme skiing, skiing outside marked trails or heli-skiing, spelunking or caving, or scuba diving if the depth exceeds 120 feet (40 meters) or if You are not certified to dive and a dive master is not present during the dive;
8. piloting or learning to pilot or acting as a member of the crew of any aircraft;
9. being Intoxicated as defined herein, or under the influence of any controlled substance unless as administered or prescribed by a Legally Qualified Physician;
10. the commission of or attempt to commit a felony or being engaged in an illegal occupation;
11. normal childbirth or pregnancy (except Complications of Pregnancy or as specifically provided under Trip Cancellation/Trip Interruption) or voluntarily induced abortion;
12. dental treatment (except as coverage is otherwise specifically provided herein);
13. amounts which exceed the Maximum Benefit Amount for each coverage as shown in the Confirmation of Benefits;
14. due to a Pre-Existing Condition, as defined in the Policy. The Pre-Existing Condition Limitation does not apply to the Emergency Medical Evacuation or return of remains coverage;
15. any amount paid or payable under any Worker’s Compensation, Disability Benefit or similar law;
16. a loss or damage caused by detention, confiscation or destruction by customs;
17. Elective Treatment and Procedures;
18. Complications from Elective Treatment and Procedures otherwise not payable under this Policy;
19. medical treatment during or arising from a Trip undertaken for the purpose or intent of securing medical treatment;
20. a mental or nervous condition, unless hospitalized for that condition while the Policy is in effect for You ;
21. due to loss or damage (including death or injury) and any associated cost or expense resulting directly from the discharge, explosion or use of any device, weapon or material employing or involving chemical, biological, radiological or similar agents, whether in time of peace or war, and regardless of who commits the act and regardless of any other sequence thereto.
PRE-EXISTING CONDITION EXCLUSION: The Company will not pay for any expense as a result of any illness, disease, or other condition during the 60 day period immediately prior to the date Your coverage is effective for which You or Your Traveling Companion, Business Partner or Family Member scheduled or booked to travel with You: 1) received or received a recommendation for a test, examination, or medical treatment for a condition which first manifested itself, worsened or became acute or had symptoms which would have prompted a reasonable person to seek diagnosis, care or treatment; or 2) took or received a prescription for drugs or medicine. Item (2) of this Exclusion does not apply to a condition which is treated or controlled solely through the taking of prescription drugs or medicine and remains treated or controlled without any adjustment or change in the required prescription throughout the 60 day period before coverage is effective under this Policy.
Waiver of the Pre-Existing Condition Exclusion The exclusion for Pre-Existing Condition will be waived provided:
a) Your Payment for this Policy and enrollment form are received within 21 days of the date Your initial Payment or Deposit for Your Trip is received; and
b) You insure all Prepaid Trip costs that are subject to cancellation penalties or restrictions and also insure within 21 days of the Payment or Deposit for those Travel Arrangements the cost of any subsequent Travel Arrangements (or any other Travel Arrangements not made through Your travel agent) added to Your Trip; and
c) You are not disabled from travel at the time Your premium is paid.
EXCESS INSURANCE LIMITATION
The insurance provided by this Policy, except Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Optional Air Flight Only Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Emergency Accident and Sickness Medical Expense (if optional Primary Coverage Upgrade purchased) and Baggage and Personal Effects (if optional Primary Coverage Upgrade purchased) shall be in excess of all other valid and collectible Insurance or indemnity. If at the time of the occurrence of any loss there is other valid and collectible insurance or indemnity in place, the Company shall be liable only for the excess of the amount of loss, over the amount of such other insurance or indemnity, and applicable deductible. Recovery of losses from other parties does not result in a refund of premium paid.