TRAVEL ASSISTANCE & CONCIERGE SERVICES
All of the following services are included with Your insurance coverage. There are charges associated with some services. Reimbursement to the assistance company is the responsibility of the Insured. For a list of phone numbers to access these services, please refer to Your Confirmation of Coverage.
1. Worldwide multi-lingual medical and dental referrals. If You need care from a Physician, dentist or medical facility while You are traveling, We can help You find one.
2. Advance payment to Hospital. We will provide advance payment to a Hospital if it is required to secure Your admission for a covered Sickness or Injury.
3. Monitoring of treatment. If You are hospitalized, Our medical staff will stay in contact with You and the Physician caring for You. We can also notify Your family and Your doctor back home of Your Sickness or Injury and update them on Your status.
4. Transfer of insurance information to medical providers. If You require medical treatment for an Injury or Sickness, We will provide the emergency medical providers with any coverage information that they require.
5. Vaccine and blood transfers. If required, We will coordinate the transfer of required blood or vaccine to You.
6. Dispatch of doctors and specialists. If You need the care of a Physician or specialist, We will coordinate the appropriate dispatch.
7. Prescription assistance. If You have lost, misplaced or forgotten Your prescription medication, We will assist You in contacting Your doctor and obtaining a replacement supply.
8. Replacement corrective eyeglasses and medical devices. If You have lost, misplaced or forgotten Your corrective eyeglasses or medical devices, We will assist You in obtaining a replacement.
9. Transfer of medical records. If and when required for Emergency treatment, We will coordinate the transfer of medical records and related information to the treating Physician.
10. Continuous updates to family, employer and home Physician. If You are hospitalized, We will provide appropriate medical condition updates to Your family, employer and/or personal doctor.
11. Hotel arrangements for convalescence. If You are hospitalized, We will make necessary hotel and related accommodation arrangements for You and/or Your family traveling with You or Your Traveling Companion before, during and after Your hospitalization.
Medical Evacuation & Repatriation Services
All evacuation and repatriation services must be preapproved and arranged by Us.
1. Emergency medical evacuations. If Our medical team and the local Physician caring for You agree that the local care facility cannot treat Your Sickness or Injury, We will provide transport and any necessary accompaniment to transfer You to the nearest appropriate facility.
2. Transportation of someone to join You if You are hospitalized. If You are hospitalized for an Emergency Sickness or Injury, We will arrange for the economy class round-trip ticket to bring a friend or Family Member to You if You are alone and a doctor recommends that someone travel to join You.
3. Return of dependent children. If You are confined to Hospital for more than 7 consecutive days, We will arrange for the one way fare to return home Your children who have accompanied You on Your Covered Trip. We will also provide an escort if these children are under 18 years of age.
4. Transportation after stabilization. Once You are medically stable to return home, We will arrange for the cost of a one way fare to get You home (less any refunds from Your unused return trip tickets).
5. Repatriation of mortal remains. We will pay the cost of reasonable and necessary services to transport Your remains to Your place of residence. We can coordinate between sending and receiving funeral homes.
1. Transfer of funds. If Your cash is lost or stolen or if You need extra money to pay for unexpected expenses, We can arrange to transfer funds from Your family or friends.
2. Legal and bail referrals. We can help You find local legal advice or a bail bondsman while traveling.
Travel & Document Assistance
1. Replacement of lost or stolen passport or other travel documents. If Your passport or other travel documents are lost or stolen, We can help You reach the appropriate authorities, contact Your family or friends, and assist You in getting Your documents replaced.
2. Replacement of lost or stolen travel tickets. If Your tickets are lost or stolen, We can contact the airline or other carriers and help You with Your travel arrangements.
3. Assistance with lost or delayed baggage. If Your baggage is lost, stolen, or delayed, We can contact the airline or other carriers and assist You with recovering Your baggage.
Other Assistant Services
1. Emergency travel arrangements to return home. If You must interrupt Your Covered Trip and return home for an Emergency reason, We can contact the airline or other carriers and help You with Your travel arrangements.
2. Translation services. We will assist You in arranging for translation services or referral of the same.
3. Urgent message transmittals. We can help You get an urgent message to someone back home to Your family, employer or personal doctor and confirm that We were able to reach the person You asked us to contact.
4. Vehicle return. If You are not physically able to do so due to an Injury or Sickness, We will arrange for the return of Your vehicle to the rental agency or to Your permanent residence.
This coverage provides the benefit of after departure personal and convenience services. One call from any destination and Our dedicated specialized staff will provide:
1. location information about news, weather, shopping, museums, seasonal activities and event planning;
2. sightseeing tours and tour guide information and reservation;
3. hotel, airline, car rental and rail information and reservations;
4. dining information and reservations;
5. flower and gift delivery;
6. golf course information and reservations;
7. personal trainers and spa and fitness centre information and reservations;
8. yacht and fishing charters information and reservations;
9. ordering theatre, concert, movie and sporting event tickets;
10. nightlife recommendations;
11. world news and share prices.
Through their extensive online resources and expertise, the emergency assistance provider can make exceptional recommendations to fulfill Your needs. Access is available 24 hours a day, 365 days per year. The Insured is responsible for any related charges.
What Happens When You Call for Assistance
• You will be referred to the most appropriate service provider for Your situation.
• We will confirm that a Policy has been issued.
• Prior to receiving all relevant medical information, We will handle Your Emergency assuming You are eligible for benefits under this Policy. If it is later determined that a Policy exclusion applies to Your claim, You will be required to reimburse Us for any payments We have made on Your behalf.
• You will be reminded that any services rendered are subject to the terms and conditions of this Policy. If it is later determined that a Policy exclusion applies to Your claim, You will be required to reimburse Us for any payments We have made on Your behalf.
• Where a claim is payable We will arrange, to the extent possible, to have any medical expenses billed directly to Us.
What to Do When You Need Assistance
Have Your policy number or Confirmation of Coverage with You at all times.
• When on the cruise ship, seek the cruise ship’s doctor and provide the assistance information.
• When on land, contact Our assistance provider. Access is available 24 hours per day, 365 days per year at the telephone number listed on Your Confirmation of Coverage or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org. When contacting Our assistance provider, please provide Your name, Your policy number, Your location and the nature of the Emergency.
Limitation on Emergency Assistance Provider Services
We and/or the emergency assistance provider reserve the right to suspend, curtail or limit services in any area or country in the event of:
• rebellion, riot, military uprising, war; or
• labor disturbances, strikes; or
• nuclear Accidents, acts of God, or refusal by the authorities in the country where assistance is required, to permit the delivery of such services.
The emergency assistance provider will use its best efforts to provide the required services during any such occurrence. The emergency assistance provider’s obligation to provide services described in this Policy is subject to the terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions set out in this Policy. The medical professional(s) suggested or designated by Us or the emergency assistance provider to provide services according to the benefits and terms of this Policy are not Our employees or of the emergency assistance provider. Therefore, neither We nor the emergency assistance provider shall be held responsible or liable for any negligence or other acts or omissions on their part, nor for the availability, quality, quantity or results of any medical treatment or service You may receive or Your failure to obtain or receive any medical treatment or service.