24 hour assistance provided
Travel insurance providers have a 24-Hour Assistance Service department to help travelers 24/7 during their trip.
Travel Assistance Program Description – Provided by On Call International
Emergency Transportation Services
- Emergency Medical Evacuation/Medically-Necessary Repatriation
- Repatriation of Mortal Remains
- Transportation after Stabilization
- Visit by Family Member/Friend
- Return of Dependent Children
Travel Support Services
- Medical Monitoring
- Hotel Arrangements for Convalescence
- Medical and Dental Search and Referral
- Advance of Emergency Medical Expenses
- Assistance with Replacement Medication, Medical Devices, and Eyeglasses or Corrective Lenses
- Transfer of Insurance Information and Medical Records
- Assistance with Emergency Travel Arrangements
- Locating Lost or Stolen Items
- Emergency Cash Advance
Travel Assistance Services Details
Travel Support Services
- Interpretation/Translation: Upon request, On Call will assist with telephone interpretation in all major languages. If you require ongoing or more complex translation services, On Call will refer you to local translators.
- Locating Lost or Stolen Items: On Call will assist in locating lost luggage, and help you coordinate the replacement of transportation tickets, travel documents or credit cards.
- Medical Monitoring: During the course of a medical emergency resulting from an accident or sickness, On Call will monitor your case to determine whether the care is adequate from a Western Medical perspective.
- Medical and Dental Search and Referral: On Call will assist you in finding physicians, dentists and medical facilities in the area where you are traveling.
- Advance of Emergency Medical Expenses: On Call will advance on-site emergency inpatient medical payments to secure admit or discharge upon receipt of satisfactory assignment of benefits from you, a family member or friend. Assignment of benefits allows Insurer to claim with the Insured’s primary insurance when hospital refuses admission or discharge.
- Assistance with Replacement Medication, Medical Devices, and Eyeglasses or Corrective Lenses: On Call will arrange to fill a prescription that has been lost, forgotten, or requires a refill, subject to local law, whenever possible. On Call will also arrange for shipment of replacement eyeglasses/corrective lenses or medical devices. You are responsible for payments of all costs related to these services.
- Transfer of Insurance Information and Medical Records: Upon your request, On Call will help relay insurance information during your hospital admission and assist with transferring your medical information and records to your treating physician.
- Assistance with Vaccine and Blood Transfers: If based upon your physician’s prescription, needed vaccines or blood products are not available locally, On Call will coordinate the transfer where possible and permissible by law. You are responsible for all expenses related to this service.
Non-Insurance Personal Assistance Services
These are Non-Insurance Services provided by On Call International:
- Pre-Trip Information: Upon request, On Call will provide information services such as: visa and passport requirements, health hazard advisories, currency exchange, inoculation and immunization requirements, temperature and weather conditions and embassy and consulate referrals.
- Interpretation/Translation: If during your Trip you need an interpretation, On Call will assist with telephone interpretation in all major languages. If you require ongoing or more complex translation services, On Call will refer you to local translators.
- Legal Referral/Bail: Upon request, On Call will provide you with referrals to a local lawyer. All costs associated with this service are your responsibility. In case of your incarceration, On Call will notify the proper embassy or consulate, arrange the receipt of funds from third party sources and locate an attorney and bail bonds, where permitted by law, with satisfactory guarantee of reimbursement from you, family member or friend. You are responsible for associated fees.
- Emergency Cash Advance: On Call will advance up to $500 after satisfactory guarantee of reimbursement from you. Any fees associated with the transfer or delivery of funds are your responsibility.