$1,000 per person
Return Air only
Trip Interruption provides reimbursement for prepaid and non-refundable trip payments if a portion of a trip is missed, or the traveler must return home early due to unforeseen circumstances, including illness, injury, or death.
Post Departure Trip Interruption
a. Transportation Benefit- Deductible is not applicable. Maximum benefit of $1,000 per Trip Period
b. Lodging & Incidentals Benefit- Deductible is not applicable. Maximum Benefit up to $250 per Trip Period and limited to $25 per day for a Maximum of 10 calendar days
Post Departure Trip Interruption coverage provides a benefit up to the maximum amount shown on the Benefit Overview Matrix or Your Letter of Confirmation, if your trip is interrupted or must be discontinued for any of the following reasons:
• If, due to a covered Illness or Injury, which is so disabling as to cause a reasonable person to delay, cancel, or interrupt their Trip, We will pay for additional transportation expenses needed to reach the scheduled termination point of Your Trip or to travel from the place Your Trip was interrupted to the place where You can rejoin Your Trip. In the event You cannot continue your trip, We will pay for Your and Your Traveling Companion’s return home from Your current location outside of the United States.
• If You are diagnosed with or receive a positive test for an infectious disease that delays Your return to Your home destination due to restrictions placed on travel due to a possible exposure or Quarantine, and as a result, are unable to use Your previously booked return travel to Your home location, We will pay for Your return home from Your current location outside of the United States.
• If You are the victim of a Felonious Assault during Your Period of Coverage and You no longer can complete Your trip or program, We will pay for You to return home from Your current location outside of the United States.
• If, due to an Act of Terrorism or an imminent threat to personal safety, which is documented by a U.S. State Department Travel Warning, or a pandemic disease warning, which is documented by the U.S. State Department or the Center for Disease Control, We will pay for additional transportation expenses needed to reach the scheduled termination point of Your Trip or to travel from the place Your Trip was interrupted to the place where You can rejoin Your Trip. In the event You cannot continue Your trip, We will pay for Your return home from Your current location outside of the United States.
For all instances named above, We will pay up to the amount shown on the Benefit Overview Matrix for the cost of a one-way economy class air fare ticket for You and Your Travel Companion to reach your destination. Amounts paid will not exceed the Maximum Benefit as stated in the Benefit Overview Matrix or the cost of economy airfare by the most direct route on the next available carrier, less any refunds or credits paid to You for unused tickets.
• If You must Quarantine while covered under this Certificate because You are diagnosed with or receive a positive test for an infectious disease, coverage for the reasonable expenses of lodging and meals necessarily incurred as a result of a Quarantine, will be covered up to the amount shown on the Schedule of Benefits under the Post Departure Trip Interruption/Lodging & Incidentals Benefit.
Alcohol and Tobacco products are not reimbursable expenses.
For the purposes of this benefit, Quarantine means Your strict isolation imposed by a Government authority or Physician to prevent the spread of an infectious disease. An embargo preventing You from entering a country is not a Quarantine.
Post Departure Trip Interruption benefits do not cover loss(es) due to:
1. You or a Traveling Companion: a) making changes to personal plans; b) having a business or contractual obligation; c) being unable to obtain necessary travel documents; or d) being detained or having property confiscated by any Customs authority;
2. Carrier caused delays (including bad weather);
3. Prohibition or regulation by any government; or travel arrangements canceled by the airline, cruise line or tour operator.
Please refer to the Benefit Overview Matrix for the maximum coverage amount available under Your plan.
For the purposes of this coverage, the following definitions apply:
Felonious Assault is an act of violence against You requiring medical treatment in a Hospital.
Traveling Companion is a person traveling with You and who shares the same accommodations and itinerary as You.