$40,000 policy limit
Rental Car Damage provides reimbursement for damage to, or theft of, a rental vehicle during a covered trip.
RENTAL CAR DAMAGE AND THEFT COVERAGE
We will reimburse You, up to the Maximum Benefit Amount shown in the Schedule of Benefits, if Your Rental Car is damaged while on a Trip due to collision, theft, vandalism, Natural Disaster or any cause beyond Your control while in Your possession, or Your Rental Car is stolen and not recovered. Benefits will be paid for the lesser of:
a) reasonable and customary cost of repairs and rental charges imposed by the rental company while the vehicle is being repaired (i.e. “loss of use” charges); or
b) Actual Cash Value of the Rental Car, less its reasonable salvage value.
In addition to the General Exclusions and Limitations, the following exclusions and limitations apply to the Rental Car Damage benefit. Unless otherwise shown below, these exclusions and limitations apply to You or Your Traveling Companion. Benefits are not payable for any loss due to, arising or resulting from:
1. any loss that occurs if You or anyone traveling with You are in violation of the Rental Car Agreement;
2. any obligation You or Your Traveling Companion or Family Member traveling with You assumed under any agreement (except insurance collision deductible);
3. alcohol intoxication above the statutory legal limit allowed for operating a motor vehicle in the state or jurisdiction where You are located at the time of loss;
4. failure to report the loss to the proper local authorities and the Rental Car company;
5. damage to any other vehicle, structure or person as a result of a covered loss;
6. the decreased value of the vehicle as a result of the Accident and the subsequent repairs;
7. any loss as the result of or attributed to driving the Rental Car: while under the influence of alcohol, marijuana or any illegal substance or the abuse of a legal substance; while using any medication that recommends abstinence from driving; in a speed competition; for compensation for hire; for illegal trade purposes, or transporting contraband;
8. any loss as the result of physical damage or loss attributed to: mechanical failure or breakdown of the Rental Car; wear and tear, gradual deterioration, corrosion, rust or freezing; any neglect or abuse of the Rental Car; any dishonest act or conversion; any consequence of war (declared or otherwise); or contamination by a radioactive material;
9. participation in contests of speed, motor sport or motor racing including training or practice for the same;
10. gross negligence, or Willful and Wanton conduct by You or Your Traveling Companion.
The following condition applies: Coverage is provided to You or Your Traveling Companion, if the Rental Car is damaged while being operated by You or Your Traveling Companion at the time the damage occurs and must be listed on the Rental Car Agreement.
This coverage is primary to other forms of insurance or indemnity. We will pay first, but reserves the right to recover from the insurance carrier(s) of any other party involved in the Loss, other than the You. We will not take steps to recover from any policy held by You.
These benefit(s) will not duplicate any other benefits payable under the policy or any coverage(s) attached to the policy.