The Sports & Activities benefit is designed to cover travelers who are participating in sports and adventurous activities, some of which may otherwise be excluded. Travelers can indicate the activities they will be participating in by selecting the Sports & Activities filter.
If you have selected sports and/or activities filters, the provider has confirmed that these activities are not excluded from coverage for this policy. Please keep in mind that you may not specifically see your selections listed as covered in the policy certificate. We have confirmed with the provider that these activities are not excluded, however, we cannot guarantee adequate coverage for your particular trip. Please call us to review your policy certificate for coverage limitations and exclusions that may apply to your trip and activities.
The policy certificate includes the following language:
We will not pay for any Accidental Death and Dismemberment or Paralysis loss or Injury that is caused by, contributed by or that results from:
7. piloting or serving as a crew member or riding in any aircraft except as a passenger on a regularly scheduled or charter airline.
10. flying in any aircraft being used for or in connection with acrobatic or stunt flying, racing or endurance tests; flying in any rocket propelled aircraft; flying in any aircraft being used for or in connection with crop dusting, or seeding or spraying, firefighting, exploration, pipe or power line inspection, any form of hunting bird or fowl herding, aerial photography, banner towing or any test or experimental purpose; flying any aircraft which is engaged in flight which requires a special permit or waiver from the authority having jurisdiction over civil aviation, even if granted.
11. specific named hazards: Abseiling, Aviation (except when traveling as a passenger in a commercial aircraft), BASE Jumping, Bobsleigh, BMX, Bungee Jumping, Canopying, Canyoning, Caving, High Diving, Hang Gliding, Heli-skiing, Hot Air Ballooning, Inline Skating, Jet Skiing, Kayaking, Luge, Motocross, Motorcycling, MotoX, Mountaineering, Mountain biking, Mountain Climbing, Paragliding, Parasailing, Parascending, Piloting anyAircraft, Racing of any kind, Rock Climbing, Rodeo Activities, Rappelling, Scuba Diving, Ski Jumping, Skydiving,Snow Skiing, Snowboarding, Snowmobiling, Spelunking, Surfing, Trekking, Water Skiing, Wind Surfing, WhiteWater Rafting, Zip Lining, Zorbing.
12. All professional, semi-professional, amateur, club, intramural, interscholastic or intercollegiate sports.
13. Extreme Sports.
In addition to the Exclusions above, We will not pay Medical Expense Benefits, Transportation Expenses or Additional Benefits for any loss, treatment or services that is caused by, contributed by or that results from:
5. Injury sustained while participating in a professional, semi-professional, amateur, club, intramural, interscholastic or intercollegiate sport (except as provided by the Optional Sports Activity Rider).
“Extreme Sports” means any high-risk non-team sport or recreation activity that is dangerous and if performed optimally, even by the highly skilled, risks loss of life or limb. Extreme Sports often involve speed, height, a high level of physical exertion and/or highly specialized gear.