$12,500 per occurrence
Emergency Medical can reimburse the costs to treat a medical emergency during a trip.
USA-Assist ® Global Travel Medical Insurance plan shall pay Reasonable and Customary charges for Covered Expenses, excess of the chosen Deductible and Coinsurance up to the selected Medical Maximum, incurred by You due to an Accidental Injury or Illness which occurred during the Period of Coverage outside Your Home Country (except as provided under the Home Country Coverage). All bodily disorders existing simultaneously which are due to the same or related causes shall be considered one Disablement. If a Disablement is due to causes which are the same or related to the cause of a prior Disablement, the Disablement shall be considered a continuation of the prior Disablement and not a separate Disablement. The initial Treatment of an Injury or Illness must occur within thirty (30) days of the date of Injury or onset of Illness. Only such expenses which are specifically enumerated in the following list of charges and incurred within one hundred eighty (180) days from the date of Accident or onset of Illness and which are not excluded, shall be considered Covered Expenses:
1. Charges made by a Hospital for room and board, floor nursing and other services inclusive of charges for professional service and with the exception of personal services of a non-medical nature; provided, however, that expenses do not exceed the Hospital’s average charge for semi-private room and board accommodations.
2. Charges made for Intensive Care or Coronary Care charges and nursing services.
3. Charges made for diagnosis, Treatment and Surgery by a Physician.
4. Charges made for an operating room.
5. Charges made for Outpatient Treatment, same as any other Treatment covered on an Inpatient basis.
6. This includes ambulatory Surgical centers, Physicians’ Outpatient visits/examinations, clinic care, and Surgical opinion consultations.
7. Charges made for the cost and administration of anesthetics.
8. Charges for medication, x-ray services, laboratory tests and services, the use of radium and radioactive isotopes, oxygen, blood, transfusions, iron lungs, and medical Treatment.
9. Charges for physiotherapy, if recommended by a Physician for the Treatment of a specific Disablement and administered by a licensed physiotherapist.
10. Dressings, drugs, and Medicines that can only be obtained upon a written prescription of a Physician or Surgeon.
11. Local transportation to or from the nearest Hospital or to and from the nearest Hospital with facilities for required Treatment. Such transportation shall be by licensed ground ambulance only to the maximum stated in the Schedule of Benefits, within the metropolitan area in which You are located at that time the service is used. If You are in a rural area, then licensed air ambulance transportation to the nearest metropolitan area shall be considered a Covered Expense.
If You are confined to a Hospital as a registered Inpatient as the result of an Illness or Injury which occurs during Your Period of Coverage, this plan will pay benefits up to the maximum stated in the Schedule of Benefits per day of confinement, in addition to any other Covered Expense, up to a maximum of thirty (30) days. Only available for travel outside the United States
Accident Coverage – This plan shall pay in excess of the chosen Deductible and Coinsurance up to the maximum stated in the Schedule of Benefits, for emergency Treatment to repair or replace Sound Natural Teeth damaged as the result of a covered Accident. Only those injuries caused by external contact with a foreign object are covered. You are not covered if you break a tooth while eating or biting into a foreign object. Only available to programs purchased for 1 month or more.
Sudden Relief of Pain – This plan shall pay in excess of the chosen Deductible and Coinsurance up to the maximum stated in the Schedule of Benefits, for emergency Treatment for the relief of pain to Sound Natural Teeth. Only available to programs purchased for 1 month or more.