This benefit is separate from Trip Cancellation
Cancel For Any Reason is an optional upgrade that provides partial reimbursement for prepaid and non-refundable trip payments if a trip is canceled for a reason not otherwise covered by a policy.
Upgrade – Trip Cancellation for Any Reason
If you purchase this optional upgrade, the following Benefit is added to Your Policy, with a Maximum Benefit Limit shown in Your Schedule of Benefits:
We will reimburse You up to the amount in the Schedule of Benefits for a percentage of the unused, nonrefundable, Pre-paid Payments or Deposits made for Your Travel Arrangements if You cancel the Trip for any reason, provided:
1. Your payment for this Policy benefit is received within the Time Sensitive Period;
2. You have insured one hundred percent (100%) of the value/costs for Travel Arrangements known to you at the time You purchase this benefit;
3. You are able to travel at the time You purchase this benefit;
4. The Trip cost per person is no more than one hundred fifty thousand dollars ($150,000);
5. You cancel Your Trip forty-eight (48) hours or more prior to Your Scheduled Departure Date.
This Trip Cancellation for Any Reason benefit does not cover penalties associated with any air or other Travel Arrangements not provided by the Travel Supplier or failure of the Travel Supplier to provide the bargained-for Travel Arrangements.
Time Sensitive Period means:
For initial Policy purchase:
within twenty-one (21) days of the date Your Initial Deposit for Your Trip is received.
For subsequent arrangements:
within twenty-one (21) days of payment for any subsequent Pre-paid, nonrefundable arrangements added to Your Trip.