Covered if purchased within 21 days of trip deposit
A Pre-Existing Condition is an illness or other medical condition that was treated, diagnosed, or changed during a policy’s lookback period.
Benefits are not payable for any loss due to, arising or resulting from:
1. a Pre-existing Condition, as defined in the Policy. Death resulting from a Pre-existing Condition will not be excluded. This Pre-existing Condition exclusion does not apply to the Emergency Medical Evacuation or Repatriation of Remains coverage.
Waiver of the Pre-Existing Condition Exclusion: The exclusion for Pre-existing Conditions will be waived provided:
a) Your premium for this Policy is received within the Time Sensitive Period; and
b) You are medically able to travel at the time You make Your payment for this Policy;
Pre-existing Condition means an illness, disease, or other condition during the ninety (90) day period immediately prior to the Effective Date of Your coverage for which You:
1. received a test, examination, or Medical Treatment;
2. received a recommendation for a test, examination, or Medical Treatment; or
3. took or received a prescription for drugs or medicine.
Item (3) above does not apply to a condition which is treated or controlled solely through the taking of prescription drugs or medicine, and remains treated or controlled without any adjustment or change in the required prescription throughout the ninety (90) day period before Your coverage is effective under this Policy. Change in required prescription means the dosage or frequency of a medication has been reduced, increased, stopped and/or new medications have been prescribed due to the worsening of an underlying condition that is being treated with the medication, unless the change is
1. between a brand name and a generic medication with comparable dosage; or
2. an adjustment to insulin or anticoagulant dosage.
Time Sensitive Period means:
For initial Policy purchase:
within twenty-one (21) days of the date Your Initial Deposit for Your Trip is received.
For subsequent arrangements:
within twenty-one (21) days of payment for any subsequent Pre-paid, nonrefundable arrangements added to Your Trip.