Coverage During the Cruise
Am I covered if my cruise ship returns early?
If your cruise ship returns early, you may be covered by the Trip Interruption benefit.
What if I need to be evacuated from the cruise ship?
The Medical Evacuation benefit covers the transportation costs if you require evacuation from a cruise ship. This evacuation must be recommended by the physician on board and should be coordinated with the travel insurance provider.
What if I get sick during my cruise?
If you get sick during your cruise, you should see the shipboard physician who will be able to recommend treatment, or order your disembarkment. Covered illnesses or injuries can be reimbursed under the Emergency Medical benefit.
What does travel insurance cover during the cruise?
Emergency Medical and Medical Evacuation benefits are the most popular amongst travelers looking for coverage on a cruise. Other benefits, like Trip Interruption and Missed Connection are also available.
Buying Cruise Travel Insurance
- What kind of travel insurance do I need for a river cruise?
- Do I need to buy a special kind of policy for a cruise?
- How do I get Pre-Existing Condition coverage for my cruise?
- How much medical coverage do I need for a cruise?
- How much evacuation coverage do I need for a cruise?
- My cruise is traveling to several countries. Will I be covered in all of them?
- What expenses should I insure for my cruise?
- When do I need to buy travel insurance for my cruise?
- See all 10 FAQs
- How much does cruise travel insurance cost?
- What kind of travel insurance coverage do I need for a cruise?