If I become infected with MERS, can I be medically evacuated out of the country?

Last Updated:

If you are infected with MERS while traveling, please contact the emergency assistance number provided to you by your travel insurance carrier.

Medical evacuation may be available to provide transportation costs to the nearest medical facility capable of treating your illness. If a local physician recommends that you should return home for treatment, then the emergency assistance provider can arrange appropriate transportation back to your home country.

This information may vary based on the travel insurance policy. If you have questions about a specific policy, please contact us directly at 800-240-0369. Our customer service representatives are available 24/7 and are delighted to help!


Squaremouth compares travel insurance policies from every major travel insurance provider in the United States. Using Squaremouth's comparison engine and third-party customer reviews, travelers can research and compare travel insurance policies side-by-side. More information can be found at www.squaremouth.com.