ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. February 6, 2019 – South America and Africa were the fastest-growing international destinations for American travelers who purchased travel insurance in the past year, according to travel insurance comparison site, Squaremouth.
Squaremouth’s newly released report reveals new travel trends for the top 4 fastest-growing destinations.
4 Fastest-Growing International Destinations for U.S. Travelers
- Egypt, Morocco, Tanzania and Colombia have surpassed Israel, Iceland, Portugal and Vietnam as the top 4 fastest-growing tourist destinations over last year
Average Trip Cost Increases
- All of the fastest-growing destinations saw a notable increase in average trip cost over last year
- Travelers going to Tanzania spent the most, with an average trip cost of $11,216.74
- Travelers heading to Colombia spent the least, but saw the highest increase in trip cost over last year
Travelers of All Ages Are Taking More Trips
- All 4 destinations saw a notable increase in tourism from every generation
- Millennial travel saw the highest increase to Morocco and Columbia
- Gen X travelers are taking more trips to Egypt and Tanzania
- Egypt saw the highest increase in tourism from Baby Boomers and Silent Generation travelers, increasing by 166% and 468%, respectively