I will be scuba diving while on vacation. Will travel insurance cover me if something should happen?

Published by Chris Harvey July 31, 2008

Some travel insurance policies exclude hazardous sports including diving while others include it with restrictions or limitations (i.e. must hold an open water dive certificate, be accompanied by a dive master and not dive deeper than 130 feet). In addition, some international travel medical policies have an optional hazardous sports rider which will cover medical emergencies while diving. I would encourage divers to select a travel insurance that will provide them with the cover required for any unpredictable accidents or Decompression sickness.