Squaremouth’s Infectious Diseases Travel Insurance Information Center is a regularly-updated resource on coverage for disease outbreaks that may impact travelers. Visit an information center below to read FAQs and official provider position statements regarding coverage for a specific outbreak.
Fact Sheets and Press Releases
How U.S. Residents Are Traveling After COVID-19
Four Tips Travelers Need to Know Before Filing a Cancel for Any Reason Claim
If Domestic Trips Are the New Future of Travel, Why Buy Travel Insurance?
The One New Travel Concern That Can’t Be Covered by Cancel for Any Reason
How the Travel Insurance Industry Is Reacting to COVID-19
How COVID-19 Changed Travel This Summer
3 Reasons You Shouldn't Always Accept Vouchers for Canceled Trips, says Squaremouth
Financial Default Coverage in Light of Major Travel Supplier Bankruptcy Filings
- See all 10 articles
What Cruisers Need to Know About Travel Insurance After COVID-19, Explained by Squaremouth
Rebooking a Trip with Vouchers? You Should Still Consider Travel Insurance, says Squaremouth
- If I'm booking a future cruise, what coverage should I purchase?
- Amid the Level 4 travel alert, can I still book future trips?
- Am I covered to cancel my trip if I have job issues because of the coronavirus?
- Am I covered if my airline declares bankruptcy due to the coronavirus travel ban?
- How does the coronavirus travel ban affect travel insurance?
- What if the school year is extended and I have to cancel my trip?
- Can I still buy coverage in case I become quarantined?
- What if I'm afraid to travel as the coronavirus outbreak worsens?
- See all 25 FAQs
- As the coronavirus spreads, can I buy coverage for a country that is not yet affected?
- Am I covered if I'm denied boarding a cruise because of coronavirus concerns?
- Can my credit card's travel insurance cover me to cancel due to the coronavirus?
- Am I covered if I'm quarantined due to the coronavirus outbreak?
- Can Non-Medical Evacuation cover me if I'm evacuated out of China?
- Can I cancel my trip if my travel plans are ruined due to popular attraction closures?
- What if I miss my flight due to coronavirus screenings at the airport?
- Am I covered to cancel my trip if I get sick while traveling?
- Am I covered to cancel my trip if I get sick before my trip?
- Am I covered to cancel my trip if my family member contracts to Norovirus?
- What if I get the Norovirus while on my trip?
- What if I contract the Norovirus before I leave for my trip?
- Can I cancel my trip if I’m worried about getting the Norovirus?
- What types of current events are covered by travel insurance?
- Can I cancel my trip because of a CDC Alert?
- Does the Cancel For Any Reason benefit allow me to cancel my trip due to the Zika virus?
- Am I covered to cancel my trip to a destination affected by the Zika virus?
Infectious Disease Event Center External Resources
Travel insurance coverage for infectious diseases is typically limited to travelers who actually contract the disease or illness, however there are preventive measures you can take if you know about the outbreak ahead of time. These resources explain disease outbreaks in more detail: