Squaremouth’s Infectious Diseases Travel Insurance Information Center is a regularly-updated resource on coverage for disease outbreaks that may impact travelers. Visit an information center below to read FAQs and official provider position statements regarding coverage for a specific outbreak.
Fact Sheets and Press Releases
How to Get Ridiculously Cheap Travel Insurance
Travel Insurance Can Offer Protection for Trips Affected by Business Closures or Job Responsibilities
What the European Travel Ban Means for Travel Insurance
Travel Insurance Coverage for Coronavirus Pandemic May Be Available But Limited
A Coronavirus Pandemic Won’t Be Covered By Travel Insurance, says Squaremouth
Don’t Buy Travel Insurance Now for the Coronavirus, Says Squaremouth
Travel Insurance Explained As Coronavirus Impacts Travel Worldwide
China Coronavirus Outbreak Impact on Travel Insurance, Explained by Squaremouth
- See all 10 articles
China Virus Outbreak Concerns Can Be Covered By Travel Insurance Upgrade
Norovirus Outbreak: The Cruiser's Guide to What's Covered by Travel InsuranceRead More
ST. PETERSBURG Fla. January 15, 2019 — Last week, a Norovirus outbreak aboard a Royal Caribbean cruise sickened hundreds and forced the ship to return to port early, spurring a wave of questions and concerns from travelers with upcoming cruises. Travel insurance comparison site, Squaremouth, explains travel insurance coverage for travelers worried about Norovirus affecting their cruise.
- Amid the Level 4 travel alert, can I still book future trips?
- Am I covered to cancel my trip if I have job issues because of the coronavirus?
- Am I covered if my airline declares bankruptcy due to the coronavirus travel ban?
- How does the coronavirus travel ban affect travel insurance?
- What if the school year is extended and I have to cancel my trip?
- Can I still buy coverage in case I become quarantined?
- What if I'm afraid to travel as the coronavirus outbreak worsens?
- As the coronavirus spreads, can I buy coverage for a country that is not yet affected?
- See all 25 FAQs
- Am I covered if I'm denied boarding a cruise because of coronavirus concerns?
- Can my credit card's travel insurance cover me to cancel due to the coronavirus?
- Am I covered if I'm quarantined due to the coronavirus outbreak?
- Can Non-Medical Evacuation cover me if I'm evacuated out of China?
- Can I cancel my trip if my travel plans are ruined due to popular attraction closures?
- What if I miss my flight due to coronavirus screenings at the airport?
- Am I covered to cancel my trip if I get sick while traveling?
- Am I covered to cancel my trip if I get sick before my trip?
- Am I covered to cancel my trip if my family member contracts to Norovirus?
- What if I get the Norovirus while on my trip?
- What if I contract the Norovirus before I leave for my trip?
- Can I cancel my trip if I’m worried about getting the Norovirus?
- What types of current events are covered by travel insurance?
- Can I cancel my trip because of a CDC Alert?
- Does the Cancel For Any Reason benefit allow me to cancel my trip due to the Zika virus?
- Am I covered to cancel my trip to a destination affected by the Zika virus?
- What if I contract the Zika virus while traveling?
Infectious Disease Event Center External Resources
Travel insurance coverage for infectious diseases is typically limited to travelers who actually contract the disease or illness, however there are preventive measures you can take if you know about the outbreak ahead of time. These resources explain disease outbreaks in more detail: