Squaremouth’s Infectious Diseases Travel Insurance Information Center is a regularly-updated resource on coverage for disease outbreaks that may impact travelers. Visit an information center below to read FAQs and official provider position statements regarding coverage for a specific outbreak.
Fact Sheets and Press Releases
Norovirus Outbreak: The Cruiser's Guide to What's Covered by Travel InsuranceRead More
ST. PETERSBURG Fla. January 15, 2019 — Last week, a Norovirus outbreak aboard a Royal Caribbean cruise sickened hundreds and forced the ship to return to port early, spurring a wave of questions and concerns from travelers with upcoming cruises. Travel insurance comparison site, Squaremouth, explains travel insurance coverage for travelers worried about Norovirus affecting their cruise.
Traveling During Flu Season: Squaremouth Breaks Down Travel Insurance CoverageRead More
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. January 23, 2018 – This year’s flu season is the most widespread in more than a decade, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, causing concern among travelers who are closely gathered in crowded areas such as airports and planes. Leading travel insurance comparison company, Squaremouth, explains how the flu is covered by travel insurance.
Norovirus Outbreaks: Squaremouth Explains Travel Insurance Coverage for CruisersRead More
ST. PETERSBURG FL Feb. 1, 2017 — Norovirus outbreaks are spreading throughout the United States, not only affecting travelers while on a cruise, but preventing some from taking a trip altogether. Leading travel insurance comparison site, Squaremouth, answers four common questions about travel insurance coverage for cruisers who face a higher risk of contracting the virus.
Rio Olympics: Zika Threat Has Attendees Exploring Travel Insurance Options, Says SquaremouthRead More
ST PETERSBURG, FL March 7, 2016 -- The Zika virus is causing concern among travelers with plans to attend the 2016 Olympics in Brazil this summer. Squaremouth, a leading travel insurance comparison website, explains travel insurance coverage for Olympic attendees worried about the Zika virus affecting their trip.
Zika Virus and Travel Insurance Fact Sheet: Squaremouth Breaks Down CoverageRead More
Squaremouth, a leading travel insurance comparison site, launched the Zika Virus and Travel Insurance Information Center to break down travel insurance coverage for the Zika virus outbreak. This online resource is updated with answers to frequently asked questions, official insurance provider position statements, and current travel health alerts and notices related to the outbreak.
Zika Virus, Pregnancy and Travel Insurance: Squaremouth Explains Available CoverageRead More
ST. PETERSBURG, FL February 4, 2016 — The Zika virus outbreak has caused many travelers to rethink their plans, with pregnancy being the main concern.
- Am I covered to cancel my trip if I get sick while traveling?
- Am I covered to cancel my trip if I get sick before my trip?
- Am I covered to cancel my trip if my family member contracts to Norovirus?
- What if I get the Norovirus while on my trip?
- What if I contract the Norovirus before I leave for my trip?
- Can I cancel my trip if I’m worried about getting the Norovirus?
- What types of current events are covered by travel insurance?
- Can I cancel my trip because of a CDC Alert?
- See all 21 FAQs
- Does the Cancel For Any Reason benefit allow me to cancel my trip due to the Zika virus?
- Am I covered to cancel my trip to a destination affected by the Zika virus?
- What if I contract the Zika virus while traveling?
- Can I cancel my trip to a Zika affected country if I become pregnant?
- Can I still purchase travel insurance to cover the Zika virus?
- What travel insurance will cover me if I become pregnant before my trip and don’t want to travel?
- What if I’m pregnant and don’t want to travel due to the Zika virus?
- What if I become pregnant on or after my trip?
- If I become infected with the Zika virus, can I be medically evacuated home?
- If my family member or I contract the Zika Virus, am I covered to cancel my trip?
- Will my travel insurance coverage extend if I am hospitalized due to the Zika virus?
- Can I purchase a travel insurance policy after being diagnosed with the Zika virus?
- Can I cancel my trip to the 2016 Olympics due to the Zika virus?
Infectious Disease Event Center External Resources
Travel insurance coverage for infectious diseases is typically limited to travelers who actually contract the disease or illness, however there are preventive measures you can take if you know about the outbreak ahead of time. These resources explain disease outbreaks in more detail: