Squaremouth’s Extreme Weather and Natural Disasters Travel Insurance Information Center is a regularly-updated resource on coverage for hurricanes, blizzards, earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, and other natural disasters. Visit an event-specific information center to view official provider position statements and learn more about coverage for that event.
- Can I cancel my trip if a winter storm causes a power outage at my destination?
- Can I cancel my upcoming trip because of a flood?
- What types of natural disasters can be covered by travel insurance?
- Can travel insurance cover me if my home is in a hurricane's path?
- Can I cancel my upcoming trip due to a wildfire at my destination?
- When can I buy travel insurance to cover a wildfire?
- When can I buy travel insurance to cover an earthquake?
- When can I buy travel insurance to cover a tropical storm or hurricane?
- See all 25 FAQs
- Does a storm have to become a hurricane to be covered by travel insurance?
- Does the Hurricane & Weather benefit cover tropical storms?
- What types of current events are covered by travel insurance?
- If there is a storm, when can I no longer be covered by travel insurance?
- Am I covered if I miss my flight due to long TSA security lines?
- What if the roads are bad and I don't want to travel?
- How long do I need to be delayed until coverage is triggered?
- What do I do if my flight is delayed or canceled due to bad weather?
- Can I cancel my trip due to a winter storm or blizzard?
- Can I cancel my trip if I don’t want to travel in bad weather?
- When is a storm considered a foreseen event by travel insurance?
- Can I cancel my trip due to a hurricane or tropical storm?
- Can I still buy travel insurance after a tropical storm or hurricane is named?
- Am I covered to cancel if I’m afraid a storm will hit during my trip?
- What if my flight or cruise is delayed because of a hurricane?
- Can I cancel my trip if a storm hits my home?
- Can I cancel my upcoming trip because of an earthquake?
Natural Disaster Event Center External Resources
Natural disasters, such as volcanoes, earthquakes, and tornadoes, can leave large areas uninhabitable and significantly impact travel. Check with local authorities at your destination, and use these resources to determine if your destination has been evacuated or deemed uninhabitable: