Squaremouth’s Infectious Diseases Travel Insurance Information Center is a regularly-updated resource on coverage for disease outbreaks that may impact travelers. Visit an information center below to read FAQs and official provider position statements regarding coverage for a specific outbreak.
Fact Sheets and Press Releases
How the Covid-19 Vaccine Rollout is Changing Traveler Behavior
US Travelers Still Planning International Trips, Despite CDC Requirement
New CDC Requirement Proves Value of Travel Insurance Upgrade
What Americans Need to Know Before Traveling Domestically
For the First Time, Younger Travelers Insure the Majority of Trips
How COVID-19 Changed Travel: 3 Surprising Trends Revealed
Mandatory COVID-19 Coverage Raises Travel Insurance Questions
How U.S. Residents Are Traveling After COVID-19
- See all 10 articles
Four Tips Travelers Need to Know Before Filing a Cancel for Any Reason Claim
If Domestic Trips Are the New Future of Travel, Why Buy Travel Insurance?
- Can I cancel if I'm concerned I’ll get stuck overseas due to CDC’s requirement to submit a negative test?
- Will my coverage extend if I’m stuck overseas due to a positive COVID-19 test?
- Am I covered if I test positive and cannot return home to the US?
- Am I covered if my airline declares bankruptcy due to the coronavirus travel ban?
- What if I'm afraid to travel due to Covid-19?
- Can my credit card's travel insurance cover me to cancel due to Covid-19?
- Am I covered to cancel my trip if I get sick while traveling?
- Am I covered to cancel my trip if I get sick before my trip?
- See all 25 FAQs
- Am I covered to cancel my trip if my family member contracts to Norovirus?
- What if I get the Norovirus while on my trip?
- What if I contract the Norovirus before I leave for my trip?
- Can I cancel my trip if I’m worried about getting the Norovirus?
- What types of current events are covered by travel insurance?
- Can I cancel my trip because of a CDC Alert?
- Does the Cancel For Any Reason benefit allow me to cancel my trip due to the Zika virus?
- Am I covered to cancel my trip to a destination affected by the Zika virus?
- What if I contract the Zika virus while traveling?
- Can I cancel my trip to a Zika affected country if I become pregnant?
- Can I still purchase travel insurance to cover the Zika virus?
- What travel insurance will cover me if I become pregnant before my trip and don’t want to travel?
- What if I’m pregnant and don’t want to travel due to the Zika virus?
- What if I become pregnant on or after my trip?
- If I become infected with the Zika virus, can I be medically evacuated home?
- If my family member or I contract the Zika Virus, am I covered to cancel my trip?
- Will my travel insurance coverage extend if I am hospitalized due to the Zika virus?
Infectious Disease Event Center External Resources
Travel insurance coverage for infectious diseases is typically limited to travelers who actually contract the disease or illness, however there are preventive measures you can take if you know about the outbreak ahead of time. These resources explain disease outbreaks in more detail: