Squaremouth’s Infectious Diseases Travel Insurance Information Center is a regularly-updated resource on coverage for disease outbreaks that may impact travelers. Visit an information center below to read FAQs and official provider position statements regarding coverage for a specific outbreak.
Fact Sheets and Press Releases
US Travel Reaches All-Time High Amid Rise in Covid Variants
Europe is Top Destination for US Travelers Amid Entry Rule Change
Nearly Half of Top US Tourist Destinations are Listed as Highest Covid-19 Risk
Required Travel Insurance Becoming More Popular, says Squaremouth
Europe Returns to No. 1 Destination for US Travelers for First Time Since Covid-19
Squaremouth Warns of “Perfect Storm” for Travelers as Pandemic Causes Caribbean Travel Spike During Busy Hurricane Season
Why Vaccinated Travelers Should Still Buy Travel Insurance
Younger Demographics Show Highest Ever Interest in Travel Insurance
- See all 10 articles
How Summer Travel is Shaping Up Amid the Covid-19 Pandemic
How the Covid-19 Vaccine Rollout is Changing Traveler Behavior
- Can I cancel if I'm concerned I’ll get stuck overseas due to CDC’s requirement to submit a negative test?
- Will my coverage extend if I’m stuck overseas due to a positive COVID-19 test?
- Am I covered if I test positive and cannot return home to the US?
- Am I covered if my airline declares bankruptcy due to the coronavirus travel ban?
- What if I'm afraid to travel due to Covid-19?
- Can my credit card's travel insurance cover me to cancel due to Covid-19?
- Am I covered to cancel my trip if I get sick while traveling?
- Am I covered to cancel my trip if I get sick before my trip?
- See all 11 FAQs
- What types of current events are covered by travel insurance?
- Can I cancel my trip because of a CDC Alert?
- Can I cancel my trip to the 2016 Olympics due to the Zika virus?
Infectious Disease Event Center External Resources
Travel insurance coverage for infectious diseases is typically limited to travelers who actually contract the disease or illness, however there are preventive measures you can take if you know about the outbreak ahead of time. These resources explain disease outbreaks in more detail: