How to Get a Quote

What if I am a legal resident of two states?

Last Updated:

Short Answer

If you are a resident of more than one state, please use your primary, legal residence, for example, the state where you file your taxes and have a driver’s license.

More Detail

We typically recommend that you enter the state that is your primary residence where you pay taxes, or that is listed on your driver’s license, for example.

If you are a legal resident of two states, we typically recommend entering the state that you are residing in at the time of departure and returning to.

In the event of a claim, you may be required to prove your residency in whichever state they enter.

This information can vary based on the travel insurance policy. Please review the policy certificate to verify coverage. If you have questions about a specific policy, please contact us directly at 800-240-0369. Our customer service representatives are available from 8am to 10pm ET seven days a week and are delighted to help!