Covid-19 Tests and Travel Insurance: What Is and Isn’t Covered

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. Jan. 6, 2022 — A rise in Covid cases has led to a shortage in testing supplies and delays in results internationally. While the majority of countries have remained open to US tourists, entry rules surrounding testing guidelines continue to change to combat the surge. The logistics of securing an approved Covid-19 […]

Read More

4 New Holiday Travel Trends Revealed

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (December 15, 2021) — As droves of US tourists prepare to travel this holiday season, travel insurance comparison site Squaremouth.com says the lingering impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic are evident in their booking behavior. Squaremouth analyzed data from thousands of policies purchased for travel this holiday season to identify four new trends […]

Read More

Omicron Variant Leads to Spike in Travel Insurance: Here’s What Is and Isn’t Covered

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. December 2, 2021 — Travel insurance comparison site, Squaremouth.com, reports a 53% increase in travel insurance sales following the news of the Omicron variant. According to Squaremouth, demand for travel insurance had already been steadily increasing as borders opened and traveler confidence improved. Sales peaked in the third quarter, surpassing that of […]

Read More

Europe is Top Destination for US Travelers Amid Entry Rule Change

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. August 31, 2021 — In September, travel to Europe will reach its highest point in over a year, accounting for 40% of all trips that month, according to travel insurance comparison site Squaremouth.com. This comes as the EU recommends restricting entry to US travelers amid the spreading Delta variant. Half of Squaremouth’s […]

Read More

Nearly Half of Top US Tourist Destinations are Listed as Highest Covid-19 Risk

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. August 18, 2021 — The CDC recently added seven countries to their highest travel risk level for Covid-19. According to travel insurance comparison site Squaremouth.com, four of these countries – Israel, France, Iceland and Aruba – are among the most popular destinations for US tourists. With the addition of these countries, Squaremouth […]

Read More

Required Travel Insurance Becoming More Popular, says Squaremouth

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. July 28, 2021 — Countries and cruise lines are turning to travel insurance as a resource to regain tourism. Since the onset of the Covid-19 pandemic, 18 countries have begun requiring visitors travel with insurance for Covid-19. Recently, Royal Caribbean, Carnival and Disney cruise lines announced similar requirements of non-vaccinated travelers. Travel […]

Read More

Squaremouth Warns of “Perfect Storm” for Travelers as Pandemic Causes Caribbean Travel Spike During Busy Hurricane Season

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. June 23, 2021 — American travelers are flocking to the Caribbean like never before due to ongoing border closures. Caribbean countries comprise 8 of the top 10 summer travel destinations, according to travel insurance comparison site, Squaremouth.com. However, an influx in travel to hurricane-prone tropical destinations, combined with an above average hurricane […]

Read More

Why Vaccinated Travelers Should Still Buy Travel Insurance

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. June 15, 2021 — Most travelers who had trips impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic weren’t forced to cancel their trips due to contracting the virus, according to travel insurance comparison site, Squaremouth. Less than 30% of the Covid-related claims the company saw were due to travelers contracting the virus. The other 70% […]

Read More

Younger Demographics Show Highest Ever Interest in Travel Insurance

Baby Boomers no longer the leading travel insurance market Trip cost and spending continue to drop from 2020 ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. April 29, 2021 — Squaremouth reports that Millennials and Gen Z travelers are showing more interest in travel insurance than ever before. Covid-19 has changed almost every aspect of the travel industry, leading to […]

Read More