Can I use my Non-Medical Evacuation coverage if there is unrest due to terrorism?

Last Updated:

Short Answer

Non-Medical Evacuation coverage may provide coverage if there is civil or political unrest within the country you are traveling.

More Detail

Travel insurance policies may be purchased with the Non-Medical Evacuation benefit, which can cover the transportation from a place of danger to a place of safety during a time of political or civil unrest, depending on the policy. To be eligible for Non-Medical Evacuation, the appropriate authority must order the evacuation. Additionally, some policies require the US issues a travel warning in order to be covered.

Travelers who have purchased a policy with Non-Medical Evacuation coverage are encouraged to contact the 24 Hour Emergency Assistance line to arrange a Non-Medical Evacuation.

Please visit our Terrorism and Travel Insurance Information Center for up-to-date provider position statements, travel warnings and breaking news.

This information can vary based on the travel insurance policy. Please review the policy certificate to verify coverage. If you have questions about a specific policy, please contact us directly at 800-240-0369. Our customer service representatives are available from 8am to 10pm ET seven days a week and are delighted to help!