How do I use Medical Evacuation coverage while on the trip?

Last Updated:

Short Answer

If you need to arrange a Medical Evacuation on your trip, contact your provider’s 24 Hour Emergency Assistance phone number.

More Detail

Every travel insurance policy comes with a 24 Hour Emergency Assistance phone number. This is listed on your policy confirmation email from Squaremouth and your travel insurance provider, as well as your policy certificate.

If you are seriously ill or injured during your trip, first contact the local emergency phone number for immediate assistance. We then recommend contacting your insurance provider at the 24 Hour Emergency Assistance number as soon as reasonably possible.

If you are immediately evacuated before contacting your provider, you can file a claim to be reimbursed for the transportation costs, up to the maximum coverage of benefits listed on your policy. If it is not an emergency, but a Medical Evacuation is required, you may contact your travel insurance provider to assist with arranging and paying for your evacuation.

This information can vary based on the travel insurance policy. Please review the policy certificate to verify coverage. If you have questions about a specific policy, please contact us directly at 800-240-0369. Our customer service representatives are available from 8am to 10pm ET seven days a week and are delighted to help!