Over 70% of Travelers are More Concerned About Air Travel
ST. PETERSBURG Fla. July 20, 2022 – US tourists have been plagued with air travel disruptions as the airline industry struggles to meet current demand.
From lost baggage and canceled flights, travel insurance comparison site, Squaremouth.com, shares what travelers are most concerned about.
Air Travel More Concerning Than Ever
- 71% of travelers report being more concerned about air travel disruptions than previous years
Covid-19 Still Leads Concerns
- With lingering impacts on travel, 60% of tourists still want travel insurance coverage for Covid-19
- About half of customers on Squaremouth.com are buying travel insurance specifically in relation to current airline issues
Airline Claims Outpace Covid Claims
- For the month of July, Squaremouth reports only 22% of travel insurance claims were related to Covid-19
- Travel insurance claims are diversifying, with a growing number related to flight cancellations due to flight crew
Travelers Most Concerned About Missed Trip Costs
- 50% of travelers say being reimbursed for trip expenses that went unused during a delay, like a night at a hotel, is most important
- Other in-demand coverage includes reimbursement for expenses during a delay, reimbursement to rebook a missed flight, and reimbursement for lost or delayed baggage, in that order
Travel Insurance Tip for Air Travel Issues
- Look for a policy with Travel Delay and Missed Connection coverage with the shortest time requirement, ~3 hours
- Make sure the policy includes Delay and Missed Connection benefits that cover “any delay” of a common carrier
- Look for a policy with high Baggage Delay and Baggage Loss benefits
- Understand the Trip Interruption and Trip Cancellation coverage. Most travel insurance policies will only provide reimbursement for airline-related issues due to weather, strike, or mechanical failure, unless Cancel For Any Reason is included
Additional Resources: Live data room
Methodology: Squaremouth.com hosts the largest number of travel insurance providers and policies on the market. Squaremouth Analytics surveyed over 4,000 customers to understand what concerns were driving their travel insurance purchases.
Squaremouth is a travel insurance comparison company that helps customers instantly search, compare, and buy travel insurance policies online.
Squaremouth.com hosts the most intuitive travel insurance quoting and comparison engine on the market today. Coupled with over 100,000 verified customer reviews and the largest portfolio of products, Squaremouth allows customers to purchase a travel insurance policy from every major provider in the US.
As a company, we prioritize reputation over profits, with a core goal of helping every customer find the coverage they need for the lowest possible price. Founded in 2003, Squaremouth.com – and our multi-award-winning customer service team – has helped more than 2 million travelers find the best travel insurance policy for their trip.
Available Topic Expert: Megan Moncrief, Chief Marketing Officer, is available for comment and interview. email@example.com (727) 378-0938