As of Friday, February 6th, Winter Storm Marcus became a named storm. This is the fourth named winter storm in the U.S. in two weeks.
Travelers who purchased a Tin Leg, Economy, Standard or Luxury policy prior to February 6th, 2015, may be eligible for cancellation, interruption or travel delay benefits.
Tin Leg customers who have purchased a policy prior to the announcement of Winter Storm Marcus are strongly urged to review their coverage as some benefits, including (but not limited to) trip cancellation, interruption, and travel delay, may be applied to the storm.
Travelers may utilize the trip cancellation, interruption, and delay benefits for reasons related to weather, including (but not limited to):
- Inclement weather which results in the complete cessation of travel services at the point of departure or destination for the below specified amounts of time:
- Tin Leg Economy policy: 48 consecutive hours
- Tin Leg Standard policy: 24 consecutive hours
- Tin Leg Luxury policy: 12 consecutive hours
- Reimbursement for meals, accommodations, local transportation, an economy fare ticket to resume your trip, or return to your original destination when delayed en route to or from your a covered trip for the below specified amounts of time:
- Tin Leg Economy policy: 12 consecutive hours
- Tin Leg Standard policy: 12 consecutive hours
- Tin Leg Luxury policy: 6 consecutive hours
If you have any further questions please contact Tin Leg at 844-240-1233.
If you are already traveling and are concerned about coverage, please contact the 24-hour assistance line at 866-887-7105, if you are traveling within the US, or 317-582-2687, if you are traveling outside of the U.S.