Tin Leg – New York City Bombing Travel Insurance Coverage Position Statement
On September 17, 2016, a bomb was detonated in the Chelsea neighborhood of New York City.
What you need to know about your policy:
As of September 19, the U.S. Department of State has not officially deemed the incident an act of terrorism, meaning there is no coverage for losses related to the attacks for current Tin Leg policyholders.
If the New York City bombing is named a terrorist event, and meets Tin Leg’s definition of “terrorism” (below), there may be coverage for Tin Leg customers to cancel or interrupt their trip. In order to be eligible for these benefits, a Tin Leg policy must have been purchased prior to September 17.
Trip Cancellation and Trip Interruption coverage for Terrorism:
In order for an event to be covered under Tin Leg policies, the event must occur on or after the policy effective date and must be deemed an act of terrorism by the U.S. Department of State. It also must meet at least one of the following requirements:
– The terrorist incident must occur within 7 days of your departure and within 50 miles of a city listed on your itinerary.
– The terrorist attacks result in the complete cessation of travel services at the point of departure or destination for the following specified amounts of time:
– Tin Leg Economy policy: 48 consecutive hours
– Tin Leg Standard policy: 24 consecutive hours
– Tin Leg Luxury policy: 12 consecutive hours
In addition to Trip Cancellation and Trip Interruption coverage, other benefits, including Trip Delay, Emergency Medical, and Medical Evacuation, may also be available for coverage related to this event.
In the event of an emergency, please contact Tin Leg’s 24-Hour Emergency Assistance department as soon as reasonably possible at:
Emergency Assistance Inside US: 1-844-927-9265 (Toll Free)
Emergency Assistance Outside US (Collect Call): 001-727-264-5657
Emergency Assistance Email: email@example.com
Please contact Tin Leg with any questions at 1-844-240-1233, we are delighted to answer any additional questions.