On October 22nd 2014, an exchange of gunfire between a Canadian citizen and Canadian police occurred in the National War Memorial and Parliament building in Ottawa, Canada. The shooting is being referred to as a terrorist attack by the Canadian government.
At this time, the incident does not meet Tin Leg’s definition of a “terrorist attack”, meaning there is no coverage for losses related to the attacks.
Tin Leg Economy, Standard, and Luxury policies offer Trip Cancellation and Trip Interruption coverage if a terrorist attack affects travel plans.
In order for an attack to be covered, it must meet the following requirements:
- Occur after the policy is purchased
- Be deemed an act of terrorism by the U.S. Department of State
- Result in the complete cessation of travel services at the point of departure or destination for the below specified amounts of time:
- Tin Leg Economy policy: 48 consecutive hours
- Tin Leg Standard policy: 24 consecutive hours
- Tin Leg Luxury policy: 12 consecutive hours
- Occur within 7 days of your departure
- Occur within 50 miles of a city listed on your itinerary
Please contact Tin Leg with any questions at 844-240-1233, we are delighted to answer any additional questions.