On Monday, August 17th, two bomb attacks in Bangkok, Thailand, killed 20 people.
What you need to know about your policy:
As of August 19th, the incident has not been officially deemed as an act of terrorism, meaning there is no coverage for losses related to the attacks for current Tin Leg policyholders.
If the bombings in Bangkok become named as a terrorist event, and meet Tin Leg’s definition of “terrorism” (below), there may be coverage for Tin Leg customers to cancel or interrupt their trip. In order to be eligible for these benefits, a Tin Leg policy must have been purchased prior to August 17th, 2015.
Trip Cancellation and Trip Interruption coverage for Terrorism:
In order for an event to be covered under Trip Cancellation or Trip Interruption on Tin Leg policies, it must meet the following requirements:
- Occur after the policy is purchased
- Be deemed an act of terrorism by the U.S. Department of State
- Result in the complete cessation of travel services at the point of departure or destination for the following specified amounts of time:
- Tin Leg Economy policy: 48 consecutive hours
- Tin Leg Standard policy: 24 consecutive hours
- Tin Leg Luxury policy: 12 consecutive hours
- Occur within 7 days of your departure
- Occur within 50 miles of a city listed on your itinerary
In addition to Trip Cancellation and Trip Interruption coverage, other benefits, including Travel Delay, Emergency Medical, and Medical Evacuation, may also be available for coverage related to the bombings.
In the event of an emergency, please contact Tin Leg’s 24 Hour Emergency Assistance department as soon as reasonably possible at:
Emergency Assistance Inside US: 866-887-7105
Emergency Assistance Outside US (collect call): 001-317-582-2687
Emergency Assistance Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In the event of a claim, please contact Tin Leg’s Claim department at 844-240-1233 or email@example.com.
Please contact Tin Leg with any questions at 844-240-1233, we are delighted to answer any additional questions.