Frequently Asked Questions
- If my family member or I get sick, am I covered for Trip Cancellation?
- Can I cancel if I am starting a new job and don’t have approved time off yet?
- If my Visa application is denied or delayed, am I covered to cancel my trip?
- Trip Cancellation Insurance: What’s Covered and What Is Not?
- What is “Inclement Weather?”
- Can I cancel my trip due to pregnancy?
- Can I cancel my upcoming trip because there was recently a Norovirus outbreak on the cruise ship?
- What is Cancel for Medical Reasons?
- Can I cancel if I have Jury Duty?
- Am I covered to cancel if I get pregnant?
- How do I file a claim?
- How long does it take for a claim to be processed?
- What documentation do I need to give my provider if a doctor says I can’t travel due to sickness?
- What does “medically stable” mean?
- If I’m paying for someone else’s trip and they cancel, who is reimbursed?
- What is an Underwriter?
- What happens if my airline offers a credit instead of a refund for my ticket?
- How is my claim reimbursed?
- How do I show that I was medically stable to travel when I purchased my policy?
- Why does the provider need to contact my physician when I’m filing a claim?
- Can I be covered to cancel my trip if I contract coronavirus?
- What are my options if my trip is cancelled due to coronavirus and my policy is unused?
- Does Cancel For Any Reason cover coronavirus?
- Can I be covered for medical care if I contract coronavirus while traveling?
- Can I be covered to return home if I contract coronavirus while traveling?
- Can I be covered to cancel my trip because of coronavirus?
- What should I look for in my policy if I want coverage for coronavirus?
- What can I do with my policy if my trip was canceled because of coronavirus?
- Can I be covered if my destination closes its borders because of coronavirus?
- Can I cancel my policy if my trip was cancelled because of coronavirus?
- What is Medical Evacuation and Repatriation Coverage?
- How do I use Medical Evacuation coverage while on the trip?
- What is ‘hospital of choice’?
- What is ‘nearest adequate medical facility’?
- Does Medical Evacuation provide transportation for a traveling companion?
- What is Repatriation?
- Can I use my Non-Medical Evacuation coverage if there is unrest due to terrorism?
- Which products offer medical evacuation to a hospital of my choice?
- What is Non-Medical Evacuation?
- Do I choose when and where I am Medically Evacuated?