$250 per person
$50 per item
Provides reimbursement for lost, stolen or damaged baggage or personal items. This coverage is usually for your entire trip, not just your flight. If you have items valued over $1000 it is best to have these items “scheduled” on your home-owners policy.
BAGGAGE LOSS BENEFIT:
Benefits will be provided to the Plan Participant, up to the Maximum Benefit Amount shown in the Plan Participant’s Schedule of Benefits: (a) against all risks of permanent loss, theft or damage to the Plan Participant’s Baggage and Personal Effects; (b) subject to all General Exclusions and the Additional Limitations and Exclusions Specific to Baggage and Personal Effects in the Plan Participant’s Plan; and © occurring while coverage is in effect. For the purposes of this benefit: “Baggage and Personal Effects” means goods being used by the Plan Participant during the Plan Participant’s Trip. This benefit is secondary to any coverage provided by a Common Carrier. The Plan Participant must furnish proof to Us that full reimbursement has been obtained from the airline.
The lesser of the following amounts will be paid:
1) the Actual Cash Value at the time of loss, theft or damage, except as provided below;
2) the cost to repair or replace the article with material of a like kind and quality; or
3) $50 per article.
Baggage and Personal Effects does not include:
2) automobiles and automobile equipment;
3) boats or other vehicles or conveyances;
7) bicycles, except when checked as baggage with a Common Carrier;
8) household effects and furnishings;
9) antiques and collector’s items;
10) eyeglasses, sunglasses, contact lenses, artificial teeth, dentures, dental bridges, retainers, or other orthodontic devices or hearing aids;
11) artificial limbs or other prosthetic devices;
12) prescribed medications;
13) keys, money, stamps and credit cards (except as otherwise specifically covered herein);
14) securities, stamps, tickets and documents (except as coverage is otherwise specifically provided herein);
15) professional or occupational equipment or property, whether or not electronic business equipment; or
16) sporting equipment if the loss results from the use thereof; or
17) telephones or PDA devices, computer hardware or software , Ipads, Ipods, Itouch, or any type of MP3 player or tablet.