$250 per person
$50 per item
Baggage and Personal Items Loss provides reimbursement for lost, stolen, or damaged luggage.
BAGGAGE LOSS BENEFIT:
Benefits will be provided to the Plan Participant, up to the Maximum Benefit Amount shown in the Plan Participant’s Schedule of Benefits: (a) against all risks of permanent loss, theft or damage to the Plan Participant’s Baggage and Personal Effects; (b) subject to all General Exclusions and the Additional Limitations and Exclusions Specific to Baggage and Personal Effects in the Plan Participant’s Plan; and © occurring while coverage is in effect. For the purposes of this benefit: “Baggage and Personal Effects” means goods being used by the Plan Participant during the Plan Participant’s Trip. This benefit is secondary to any coverage provided by a Common Carrier. The Plan Participant must furnish proof to Us that full reimbursement has been obtained from the airline.
The lesser of the following amounts will be paid:
1) the Actual Cash Value at the time of loss, theft or damage, except as provided below;
2) the cost to repair or replace the article with material of a like kind and quality; or
3) $50 per article.
Baggage and Personal Effects does not include:
2) automobiles and automobile equipment;
3) boats or other vehicles or conveyances;
7) bicycles, except when checked as baggage with a Common Carrier;
8) household effects and furnishings;
9) antiques and collector’s items;
10) eyeglasses, sunglasses, contact lenses, artificial teeth, dentures, dental bridges, retainers, or other orthodontic devices or hearing aids;
11) artificial limbs or other prosthetic devices;
12) prescribed medications;
13) keys, money, stamps and credit cards (except as otherwise specifically covered herein);
14) securities, stamps, tickets and documents (except as coverage is otherwise specifically provided herein);
15) professional or occupational equipment or property, whether or not electronic business equipment; or
16) sporting equipment if the loss results from the use thereof; or
17) telephones or PDA devices, computer hardware or software , Ipads, Ipods, Itouch, or any type of MP3 player or tablet.