100% of the trip cost
Trip Interruption provides reimbursement for prepaid and non-refundable trip payments if a portion of a trip is missed, or the traveler must return home early due to unforeseen circumstances, including illness, injury, or death.
The Company will reimburse You, up to the Maximum Benefit shown on the Schedule of Benefits, subject to any applicable sub-limits, if You interrupt Your Trip after Your departure or if You join Your Trip after Your Scheduled Departure Date due to any of the following Unforeseen reasons that occur while this coverage is in effect for You:
1. Your Sickness, Accidental Injury or death, that results in medically imposed restrictions as certified by a Physician at the time of Loss preventing Your continued participation in the Trip. A Physician must advise to cancel the Trip on or before the Scheduled Return Date.
2. Sickness, Accidental Injury or death of a Family Member or Traveling Companion booked to travel with You that a.) occurs while You are on Your Trip; b.) requires Necessary Treatment at the time of interruption; and c.) as certified by a Physician, results in medically imposed restrictions as to prevent that person’s continued participation on the Trip.
3. Sickness, Accidental Injury or death of a non-traveling Family Member.
4. Your or Your Family Member’s, or Your Traveling Companion’s or Your Traveling Companion’s Family Member’s Complications of Pregnancy that result in medically imposed restrictions as certified by a Physician at the time of Loss preventing Your or Your Traveling Companion’s continued participation in the Trip. A Physician must advise to cancel the Trip on or before the Scheduled Return Date.
5. Your transfer of employment of two hundred fifty (250) miles or more that occurs during Your Trip. You must have been employed with the transferring employer on Your Effective Date. The transfer must require Your Home to be relocated.
6. You or Your Traveling Companion have a previously approved military leave revoked or experience a military reassignment.
7. You, Your Traveling Companion or Family Member, who are military personnel, and are called to emergency duty to provide aid or relief in the event of a Natural Disaster (this does not include war).
8. Weather at the departure site that causes complete cessation of services for at least twenty-four (24) consecutive hours of the Common Carrier on which You are scheduled to travel and prevents You from reaching Your destination. This benefit will not apply if the Natural Disaster has been forecasted or a storm has been named prior to purchase of this coverage.
9. Natural Disaster at the site of Your destination that renders Your destination accommodations Uninhabitable.
10. Your accommodations at Your destination made inaccessible due to fire, flood, volcano, earthquake, hurricane or other Natural Disaster. The Company will only pay benefits for losses occurring within fifteen (15) calendar days after the event renders the destination inaccessible. For the purpose of this coverage, inaccessible means Your accommodations can not be reached by Your original mode of transportation. In order to receive benefits under this coverage to remain Home or to return Home when the destination is accessible, You must have four (4) days or fifty percent (50%) of Your total Trip length or less remaining at the time the destination is accessible. Benefits are not payable if the event occurs or if a storm is named prior to Your Trip.
11. A Terrorist Incident that occurs in Your departure city or in a city listed on Your Trip itinerary during Your Trip. Benefits are not provided if the Travel Supplier offers a substitute itinerary. This does not include flight connections or other transportation arrangements to reach Your destination. Your Scheduled Departure Date must be no more than fifteen (15) months beyond Your Effective Date. A Terrorist Incident that occurs onboard an in-flight aircraft is not covered.
12. You or Your Traveling Companion are a victim of a felonious assault.
13. You or Your Traveling Companion or Family Member are kidnapped or disappears during Your Trip as substantiated by a police report.
14. A documented theft of Your or Your Traveling Companion’s passports and/or visas.
15. You or Your Traveling Companion being hijacked, Quarantined, required to serve on a jury or subpoenaed during the Trip; having Your Home made Uninhabitable by Natural Disaster; or burglary of Your principal place of residence during the Trip.
16. An interruption of water, electric, sewage or gas service(s) at Your destination, for more than twenty-four (24) hours due to Inclement Weather or Natural Disaster. The Company will only pay benefits for losses occurring within fifteen (15) calendar days following the onset of the service interruption.
17. You or Your Traveling Companion being directly involved in a traffic Accident while en route to departure (substantiated by a police report provided by You to the Company).
18. Mechanical breakdown of the Common Carrier’s aircraft on which You or Your Traveling Companion are scheduled to travel for at least twelve (12) consecutive hours.
19. Strike that causes complete cessation of services of the Common Carrier with whom You or Your Traveling Companion are scheduled to travel for at least twenty-four (24) consecutive hours.
The Company will reimburse You up to the Maximum Benefit shown on the Schedule of Benefits, subject to any applicable sub-limits, for the following:
a) pre-paid unused, non-refundable land or sea expenses to the Travel Suppliers;
b) the airfare paid less the value of applied credit from an unused travel ticket, to return home, join or rejoin the original
Travel Arrangements limited to the cost of one-way economy airfare or similar quality as originally issued ticket by scheduled carrier, from the point of destination to the point of origin shown on the original travel tickets. In no event will the Company reimburse You for the cash value of Your airline ticket(s) purchased with frequent flier miles.
The Company will pay for Reasonable Expenses incurred by You if Your Traveling Companion must remain Hospitalized or if You must extend the Trip with additional hotel nights due to a Physician certifying You or Your Traveling Companion cannot fly home due to an Accident or a Sickness but do not require Hospitalization.
In no event shall the amount reimbursed exceed the amount You pre-paid for the Trip.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS: You must advise the Company or its authorized representative as soon as possible in the event of a claim. The Company will not pay benefits for any additional charges incurred that would not have been charged had You notified the Company, its authorized representative and Your Travel Supplier as soon as reasonable possible.