$2,000 per person
$125 daily limit
Covered after 12 hour delay
Travel Delay reimburses the costs of meals and accommodations when a trip is unexpectedly delayed.
We will reimburse You, up to the Maximum Benefit Amount shown in the Schedule of Benefits, for the Reasonable Expenses, You incur, if You are delayed for twelve (12) consecutive hours or more during the course of Your Trip and such delay prevents You from staying at the originally booked Accommodations, for one of the covered Unforeseen reasons:
1. You or Your Traveling Companion are not directly involved in and are delayed due to a traffic accident, while en route to Your Scheduled Trip Departure City or Scheduled Destination. The traffic accident must be substantiated by a police report or news report;
2. Common Carrier delay (the delay must be documented by the Common Carrier);
3. a theft or loss of passports or travel documents or visas specifically required for Your Trip substantiated by a police report or the copy of the request for a new passport, or travel documents or visas;
4. You or Your Traveling Companion and/or Your or Your Traveling Companion’s Pet or Service Animal are hijacked or Quarantined;
5. An unannounced Strike resulting in a complete cessation of services which prevents You from reaching Your Scheduled Destination or Return Destination;
6. Inclement Weather that causes a: delay, which prevents You from reaching Your Scheduled Destination or Return Destination;
7. Due to a Natural Disaster, a mandatory evacuation order or recommendation by local government authorities at Your Scheduled Trip Departure City or Scheduled Destination or Return Destination is issued which prevents You from traveling to/arriving at Your Scheduled Destination or Return Destination.
Receipts must accompany Reasonable Additional Expenses incurred.
These benefit(s) will not duplicate any other benefits payable under the policy or any coverage(s) attached to the policy.
Reasonable Additional Expenses means reasonable expenses for meals, taxi fares, essential telephone calls local transportation, and lodging which are necessarily incurred as the result of a/an Trip Delay and which are not provided by the Common Carrier or any other party free of charge.
Quarantined means You or Your Traveling Companion, Pet or Service Animal are forced into strict medical isolation by a recognized government authority, their authorized deputies, medical examiners or Physician to prevent the spread of the disease due to You or Your Traveling Companion, ,Pet or Service Animal either having, or being suspected of having an contagious disease, infection or contamination.
An embargo preventing You or Your Traveling Companion, Pet or Service Animal from entering a country is not a quarantine.