Squaremouth’s Natural Disaster Center explains travel insurance coverage related to tornadoes, earthquakes, and other natural disasters that may disrupt travel. This resource is regularly updated with provider position statements, press releases, and answers to FAQs.
- Can I cancel my upcoming trip because of a flood?
- What types of natural disasters are covered by travel insurance?
- Can I cancel my upcoming trip because of a wildfire?
- When can I buy travel insurance to cover a wildfire?
- When can I buy travel insurance to cover an earthquake?
- What types of current events are covered by travel insurance?
- Can I cancel my upcoming trip because of an earthquake?
- Can I still buy travel insurance after an earthquake happens at my destination?
- See all 15 FAQs
- What coverage do I have if an earthquake strikes while I’m at my destination?
- Can I cancel due to the earthquake if I have Cancel For Any Reason?
- Is non-medical evacuation coverage available if the Icelandic volcano erupts while I'm traveling?
- What coverage is available if the Icelandic volcano erupts while I'm traveling?
- Can I cancel my trip if my airline stops traveling to my destination due to the Icelandic volcano?
- When do I need to purchase a policy to have coverage for the Icelandic volcano?
- Can I purchase a travel insurance policy after the Icelandic volcano has erupted?
Natural Disaster Event Center External Resources
Natural disasters, such as volcanoes, earthquakes, and tornadoes, can leave large areas uninhabitable and significantly impact travel. Check with local authorities at your destination, and use these resources to determine if your destination has been evacuated or deemed uninhabitable: