ST. PETERSBURG, Fla., Jan. 10, 2024 — Squaremouth, the nation’s leading travel insurance marketplace, is thrilled to announce Detour Insurance as the latest addition to its network of trusted providers.
Detour Insurance, an innovative travel insurance provider that specializes in adventure travel insurance, brings two unique policies to the Squaremouth platform – @the edge and @the edge plus. Both plans cover a wide range of sports and activities, and include well-rounded beneﬁts and high coverage limits well-suited for travelers with action-packed itineraries.
Key Policy Features:
- Medical Coverage: Both plans offer up to $100,000 in Emergency Medical coverage and up to $1,000,000 in Medical Evacuation coverage
- Sports Equipment: Detour offers protection to adventurers whose equipment is delayed, lost, stolen, or damaged throughout the duration of their trip
- Search & Rescue: Detour becomes one of the few providers on Squaremouth to include coverage for search and rescue efforts
- Cancellation Beneﬁts: Both Detour policies offer comprehensive cancellation coverage, with @the edge covering up to $5,000 and @the edge plus covering up to $10,000
- Travel Delays: @the edge and @the edge+ both include generous protection against unforeseen delays, with each plan offering $2,000 in Travel Delay coverage
“Having Detour’s extreme activity plans on Squaremouth’s respected travel insurance comparison platform is a huge honor,” said Detour Insurance Co-Founder Lisa Hancock. “We are proud to offer robust, affordable coverage options for travelers who whole-heartedly choose to be active participants in their life adventures.”
This new partnership enhances Squaremouth’s commitment to offering travelers a diverse range of travel protection options. Squaremouth currently offers more than 100 travel insurance policies.
For more information, please visit: https://www.squaremouth.com/travel-insurance-providers/detour-insurance
About Detour Insurance
Rooted by 25 years’ experience in the travel insurance industry, Detour is founded and operated by adventurers who live the lifestyle and understand the risks and rewards associated with experiential travel. Designed for U.S. residents traveling more than 100 miles from their home, Detour’s versatile plans include enhanced beneﬁts such as non-insurance.
Notes to editors
Available Topic Expert: James Clark, is available for comment and interview. firstname.lastname@example.org
About Squaremouth: Squaremouth.com has insured over 3 million travelers. Using Squaremouth’s intuitive quoting and comparison engine, award-winning support team, and verified customer reviews, travelers can save time and money to find the best travel insurance policy for their trip.