24 hour assistance provided
Travel insurance providers have a 24-Hour Assistance Service department to help travelers 24/7 during their trip.
24 HOUR TRAVEL ASSISTANCE SERVICES
• 24 Hour Legal Assistance – If while on your Covered Trip you encounter legal problems, we will help you find a local legal advisor. If you are required to post bail or provide immediate payment of legal fees, we will assist you in arranging a funds transfer from family or friends.
• Message Services – We will transmit emergency messages to family, friends or business associates. We will advise you if we have difficulty delivering your message and let you know that the message has been received. We will also relay non-emergency e-mail or phone messages on your behalf at any time during your Covered Trip.
• Language Interpretation Services – We provide interpretation services in major languages and will refer you to appropriate local services, if needed.
• Emergency Cash Transfer – We will help arrange an emergency cash transfer (wire transfer, travelers checks, etc.) of your funds from home or from friends or family in medical or travel emergency situations where additional funds are required.
• Travel Document and Ticket Replacement – When important travel documents (such as passports and visas) are lost or stolen, we will help you to secure replacements. We will also help you when airline or other travel tickets are lost or stolen. We will assist you with reporting your loss, reissuing tickets and obtaining the money required for this purpose (you are responsible for providing the funds).
Pre-Trip Travel Services
We provide 24-Hour information, help and advice for your planned Covered Trip such as:
• passport and visa information
• requirements and replacement
• travel health information or advisories,
• vaccine recommendations and requirements,
• government agency contact information (i.e. embassies, consulates, and other departments or agencies)
• weather and currency information
• emergency correspondence and business communication assistance
• assistance with locating available business services such as: express/overnight delivery sites, Internet cafes, print and copy services
• assistance with or arrangements for telephone and web conferencing
• emergency messaging to customers, associates, and others (phone, fax, e-mail, text, etc.)
• real-time weather, travel delay and flight status information
• worldwide business directory service for equipment repair/replacement, warranty service, etc.
• emergency travel arrangements
While the assistance company strives to provide help and advice for unfortunate situations encountered by travelers, immediate resolution may not be possible due to the availability and circumstances beyond their control. The assistance company will make every reasonable effort to refer you to an appropriate medical and legal provider. Neither the Company, assistance company nor Travelex Insurance Services may be held responsible for the availability, quality, quantity or results of any medical treatment or service you may receive or your failure to obtain or receive medical treatment.
• Medical Assistance – Our multi-lingual professionals are available 24 hours a day to provide help, advice and referrals for medical emergencies. We will help you locate local physicians, dentists, or medical facilities.
• Medical Consultation and Monitoring – If you are hospitalized, we will contact you and your treating physician to monitor your condition to assure you are receiving appropriate care and assess the need for further assistance. We will also contact your personal physician and family at home when necessary or requested to keep them informed of your situation.
• Medical Evacuation – When medically necessary, we will arrange and pay for appropriate transportation, including an escort, if required, to a suitable hospital, treatment facility or home. Payment for Medical Evacuation is available only for covered claims and up to the amount of coverage provided in the Policy. All medical transportation services must be authorized and arranged by Travelex’s designated provider. In the event of an unauthorized Medical Evacuation, reimbursement may be limited or coverage may be invalidated.
• Emergency Medical Payments – We will assist you in the advancement of funds or guarantee payments (up to the Policy limit) to a hospital or other medical provider, if required, to secure your admission, treatment or discharge.
• Prescription Assistance – We will assist you with replacing medications that are lost, stolen or spoiled during your Covered Trip, either locally or by special courier.
• Dependent Transportation & Family Visits – When a minor (age 18 or younger) is left unattended on a Covered Trip due to hospitalization or death of the accompanying adult, we will arrange for his or her return home, including escort expenses. If you are traveling alone and hospitalized 7 days or more, we will arrange transportation for a person you choose to visit you.
• Repatriation of Remains – In the event of death while on a Covered Trip, we will arrange for the preparation and transportation required to return your remains to your home.