Can Non-Medical Evacuation cover me if there is unrest due to riots?

Last Updated:

The Non-Medical Evacuation benefit may provide coverage if there is civil or political unrest within the country you are traveling.

Travel insurance policies may be purchased with the Non-Medical Evacuation benefit, which can cover the transportation from a place of danger to a place of safety during a time of political or civil unrest. To be eligible for Non-Medical Evacuation, the appropriate local authority must order an evacuation. Additionally, some policies require the US issues a travel warning in order to be covered.

This information is time sensitive and may vary by policy. If you have questions about a specific policy, please contact us directly at 800-240-0369. Our customer service representatives are available from 8am to 10pm ET, seven days a week, and are delighted to help!

Notes to editors

About Squaremouth: Squaremouth compares travel insurance policies from every major travel insurance provider in the United States. Using Squaremouth's comparison engine and third-party customer reviews, travelers can research and compare travel insurance policies side-by-side. More information can be found at www.squaremouth.com.