Yes, you can be covered by Trip Cancellation or Trip Interruption if a domestic terrorist attack occurs prior to or during your trip.
If a terrorist attack occurs prior to or during your trip, coverage for Trip Cancellation or Trip Interruption may be available.
Many policies include Terrorism coverage, which allows you to cancel or interrupt your trip due to a terrorist attack that occurs in your departure city or a city listed on your itinerary. Most travel insurance policies with Terrorism coverage include coverage for foreign and domestic terrorist attacks.
To be eligible for reimbursement under the Terrorism benefit, the attack must meet your policy’s specific criteria. Common requirements include:
- The attack occurs in or near a city listed on your itinerary
- The attack typically must be within 7-30 of your scheduled departure date
- Your policy must be in place before the attack occurs
- The attack must be declared an act of terrorism by the U.S. Department of State
- There have been no terrorist incidents in the same city within a specific period of time
This information is time sensitive and may vary by policy. If you have questions about a specific policy, please contact us directly at 800-240-0369. Our customer service representatives are available 24/7 and are delighted to help.
Notes to editors
About Squaremouth: Squaremouth.com has insured over 2 million travelers. Using Squaremouth’s intuitive quoting and comparison engine, award-winning support team, and verified customer reviews, travelers can save time and money to find the best travel insurance policy for their trip.