Price was reasonable and terms were clear.
Remarks to Squaremouth Travel Insurance questionnaire provided on completion of my trip
I was hospitalized for pneumonia and a possible pulmonary embolism. Arrangements with my insurance provider were handled by my stepdaughter, a Professor and Director at Oxford University, residing in Oxford where I was hospitalized. Travelex was immediately notified. As soon as we were advised that it would be necessary to cut my travel short and return directly home after my release from the hospital, the following actions were undertaken with Travelex to make the necessary arrangements:
* Travelex representatives advised for my stepdaughter to proceed with cancelling unused tours and changing the return travel reservations home. She contacted our travel agent and advised them accordingly.
* After our travel agents commenced changing the arrangements, She was then advised by Travelex to stop, "They would handle all of that."
* So, she contacted the travel agent and had them back out of the arrangements pending handling by Travelex.
* Subsequently. Travelex changed their minds again and the Travel agent was requested to proceed. .
* In the process of reporting status to Travelex, my stepdaughter again encountered contradictory instructions. (Each time by different representatives. The representatives appeared to be very inexperienced , uninformed help that were being overridden by their supervisors.)
*Finally, she was again contacted by Travelex saying they "felt we would be more comfortable making our own arrangements, and would we go ahead and do that." It should be noted that now with the time lapse since starting, we were in danger of not getting return seat reservations!
* Out of a total sense of frustration. I told my step daughter to instruct our travel agent to NOT discuss arrangements any further with Travelex and to proceed with the best with what they could do.in the time remaining and we would cover any cost independent of Travelex as necessary!
* My step daughter advised Travelex that my condition was such that I would have to be provided with their service in getting from Oxford and onto planes and back home.
*Travelex pondered this and then advised that they had a group review of my condition and had concluded that I was well and did not require any further service???
* My hospital doctor then had to intervene and put them on notice that I was barely ambulatory and would require assistance!
* After further due consideration, Travelex decided to provide the service.
* At Travelex direction, they provided a car to take me from Oxford .to Heathrow Airport, London.
* Upon arriving in London, no arrangement had been made to handle our bags, get us through security, and onto the aircraft for our return flight home
* My travel companion was unable to secure valet service so we proceeded to check the bags and get through security. You need to understand, I was terribly ill and barely managed to do this. In fact the "Home Security" representative was so concerned she stopped what she was doing had me seated in the nearby restaurant while she personally went to arrange a motorized transport for us to take to the plane. Delta followed through on this and we were transported through baggage and customs to an awaiting driver (apparently arranged by Travelex) to take us to our Seattle destination.
To summarize, it was a terrible mistake insuring with Travelex and I will never do it again! Their employees were unresponsive and incompetent or they were engaged in some attempt to avoid providing us with the required service.
I can only hope that prospective customers can be so advised to avoid this company. Further, Squaremouth should caution against their use if they are conducting themselves responsibly. Obviously, selection of a competent travel insurance company depends on much more than just price and terms! For future consideration, I will be interested in what action you take.
I have sent off my claim and have not recieved a response in a month.
My husband died unexpectedly before our trip. So we did not make the trip.
It took a few weeks and a couple payments and they asked for documentation that I had already sent them. It would have been better if they had updated me along the way, including notification of when they got my documents. But they did eventually pay on the entire claim.
did not use during the trip
our flight to Ft Myers on 6/15/10 was canceled after many delays. We had to stay in the Atlanta airport overnight waiting for a flight that left on 6/16/10. This was after flying all day from Europe. It cost me $5.00 to submit the reams of documents they needed for a $140.73 claim. It is now 7/30/10 and after calling again today I was told they will send me a check for $25.00 and refused to explain why they were not sending the amount claimed. I would not buy insurance from this company again.
I sent all documents but I never received call from you guys. I was so sick and someone took my bag it was so trip but you guys did not help me at all. I am Japanese translator, travel with many company's, I will never recomedention to anyone, please contact with me ASAP how is my cases now. Thank you
Nothing help , I was so sick , some day I even couldn't get up the bed, ask Dr inflo but customer servic could not help
Custermer service should called me and let me know they got Dr medical report, police report or some. Nothing from you guys ? How customer can be happy with this kinda service ? You really need to know, people buy insurance, in case some happen and protect. I truly believe you guys service are poor . And don care clients
My wife and I had booked a European river cruise. A couple of weeks before our scheduled departure I broke my leg and we had to cancel the trip. We sent the appropriate paperwork to SquareMouth and they quite promptly sent us a refund check. No fuss, no problems.
Thank you SquareMouth.
Our claim was processed quickly and paid in full.
Had to cancel trip. Stonebridge initally did not pay fully, claiming a technicality. Had to hire a lawyer to assist and finally was paid. Then found that I paid for an additional Travelex policy from R.Crusoe, but this was underwritten by Berkeley and the two don't communicate though both have Travelex name on them. Trying to get a refund from Crusoe.
Thank you for taking the time to post your concerns. I apologize if you feel your claim was not initially paid as submitted. In some cases, additional documentation is required to show proof of the loss, however once received, we are more than happy to reassess the claim and provide additional reimbursement relative to the new information received. In your case, additional documentation was requested and once the additional documentation was provided, we paid the loss per the policy terms and conditions and per the amount invoiced on your submitted records. I can assure you we do not deny claims arbitrarily.
As far as your additional plan you purchased, we have been advised R. Crusoe will be providing a refund of premium for the duplicate Berkeley policy, designed by Travelex Insurance Services Inc. Again, I apologize if you felt there was a miscommunication regarding this second plan, however these are two entirely different claims departments who are unable to share claim information and do not have access to the same systems. I hope that the information I have provided will help dispel any negative feelings you have toward Travelex. We strive to provide our customers with a high level of customer service and aim to resolve any issues they may have. If you have any additional concerns or need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me as I will be happy to help you. Thank you.
Simple On-line transcation - nothing of note.
When we ran into a significant delay, the company responded quickly to our email inquiry. We had a non emergency issue and did not require assistance so it was easiest to wait until we were home and make a claim.
We found the company to be positive and responsive. Filling out the claim paperwork is a bit onerous, and it IS IMPORTANT to maintain records of everything that happened and keep all receipts and travel documents --- if you have everything, it is a straightforward though somewhat tedious process. By the time we were done we had a book (literally, we comb bound it)about 3/8inch thick.
Response to our claim was VERY FAST and we had a check in less than two weeks.
The only significant item that was disallowed was a claim for lost salary - and that was simply not covered in the policy.
Overall we were very happy with the company and have already bought travel insurance from them again.
Have purchased many policies from Squaremouth, and this is the first claim. Our return trip was interrupted due to Storm Leon
and when I telephoned Squaremouth claims, from Johannesburg asking about assistance the answer was less than satisfactory.
I reserve judgement until the outcome of the claim.
Multi-Award Winning Customer Service
Squaremouth’s customer service team has been recognized nationally for its excellence. In 2016, Squaremouth received its second Stevie Award for Customer Service Department of the Year in the American Business Awards, the nation’s premier business awards program.Read More
Safe With Our Zero Complaint Guarantee
Every travel insurance policy purchased through Squaremouth comes with our Zero Complaint Guarantee. In the event of a complaint, we will mediate with the insurance provider on your behalf. If the complaint is not resolved to our satisfaction, we will remove the provider from our website.Read more
$1,000 tips shine a light on service
Squaremouth, a company that puts a focus on how to treat customers, rewards 20 who do the same.
BY KATHERINE SNOW SMITH
Times Staff Writer
One of America’s Best Workplaces
Squaremouth is consistently recognized, both locally and nationally, as one of the best places to work. Fortune Magazine named Squaremouth one of America’s Best Small Workplaces and the No. 2 Best Workplace for Women in the nation.Read More