Can I be evacuated out of Greece?

Last Updated:

Depending on the situation and benefits within your policy, you may be covered to be evacuated from a place of danger to a place of safety. This benefit is called Political Evacuation or Non-Medical Evacuation.

To be eligible for this benefit, the appropriate authorities must state you should leave the country or area you are traveling due to dangerous situations related to civil or political unrest.

As coverage for Non-Medical evacuation varies per policy, please check your policy certificate to verify what is included within your plan.

This information is time sensitive and may change as events unfold. Please check back for updated FAQs and provider position statements.

This information may vary based on the travel insurance policy. If you have questions about a specific policy, please contact us directly at 800-240-0369. Our customer service representatives are available 24/7 and are delighted to help!

Notes to editors

About Squaremouth: has insured over 2 million travelers. Using Squaremouth’s intuitive quoting and comparison engine, award-winning support team, and verified customer reviews, travelers can save time and money to find the best travel insurance policy for their trip.