$2,500 per person
$300 per item
$600 specific items limit
Baggage and Personal Items Loss provides reimbursement for lost, stolen, or damaged luggage.
BAGGAGE AND PERSONAL EFFECTS
Benefits will be provided to You, up to the Maximum Benefit Amount shown in the Confirmation of Benefits: a) against all risks of permanent loss, theft or damage to Your Baggage and Personal Effects; b) subject to all General Exclusions and the Additional Limitations and Exclusions Specific to Baggage and Personal Effects in the Policy; and c) occurring while coverage is in effect.
Valuation and Payment of Loss: The lesser of the following amounts will be paid:
1) the Actual Cash Value at the time of loss, theft or damage, except as provided below;
2) the cost to repair or replace the article with material of a like kind and quality; or
3) $300 per article.
We may take all or part of a damaged Baggage as a condition for payment of loss. In the event of a loss to a pair or set of items, We will:
1) repair or replace any part to restore the pair or set to its value before the loss; or
2) pay the difference between the value of the property before and after the loss.
A combined maximum of $600 will be paid for jewelry; precious or semi-precious stones; watches; articles consisting in whole or in part of silver, gold or platinum; furs or articles trimmed with fur; cameras and their accessories and related equipment.
A maximum of $50 will be paid for the cost of replacing a passport or visa.
A maximum of $50 will be paid for the cost associated with the unauthorized use or replacement of lost or stolen credit cards, subject to verification that You have complied with all conditions of the credit card company.
Baggage and Personal Effects does not include:
2) automobiles and automobile equipment;
3) boats or other vehicles or conveyances;
7) bicycles, except when checked as baggage with a Common Carrier;
8) household effects and furnishings;
9) antiques and collectors items;
10) sunglasses, contact lenses, artificial teeth, dentures, dental bridges, retainers, or other orthodontic devices or hearing aids;
11) artificial limbs or other prosthetic devices;
12) prescribed medications;
13) keys, money, stamps and credit cards (except as otherwise specifically covered herein);
14) securities, stamps, tickets and documents (except as coverage is otherwise specifically provided herein);
15) professional or occupational equipment or property, whether or not electronic business equipment;
16) sporting equipment if the loss results from the use thereof; or
17) telephones or PDA devices, computer hardware or software;
Additional Limitations and Exclusions Specific to Baggage and Personal Effects:
Benefits are not payable for any loss caused by or resulting from:
a) breakage of brittle or fragile articles;
b) wear and tear or gradual deterioration;
c) confiscation or appropriation by order of any government or custom’s rule;
d) theft or pilferage while left in any unlocked vehicle;
e) property illegally acquired, kept, stored or transported;
f) Your negligent acts or omissions; or
g) property shipped as freight or shipped prior to the Scheduled Departure Date;
h) electrical current, including electric arcing that damages or destroys electrical devices or appliances.
Additional Provisions applicable to Baggage and Personal Effects and Baggage Delay:
Benefits will not be paid for any expenses which have been reimbursed or for any services which have been provided by the Common Carrier, hotel or Travel Supplier.
Additional Claims Provisions Specific to Baggage
Insured’s Duties After Loss of or Damage to Property or Delay of Baggage: In case of loss, theft, damage or delay of baggage or personal effects, You must:
a) take all reasonable steps to protect, save or recover the property:
b) promptly notify, in writing, either the police, hotel proprietors, ship lines, airlines, railroad, bus, airport or other station authorities, tour operators or group leaders, or any Common Carrier or bailee who has custody of Your property at the time of loss:
c) produce records needed to verify the claim and its amount, and permit copies to be made:
d) send proof of loss as soon as reasonably possible after date of loss, providing date, time, and cause of loss, and a complete list of damaged/lost items: and
e) allow the company to examine baggage or personal effects, if requested.
These benefits will not duplicate any other benefits payable under the Policy or any coverage(s) attached to the Policy.